High Temp Grill Paint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdbc2011

Reaction score
When I decided to try to make a brew stand I also decided to weld it myself. I bought a cheap welder from Harbor Freight and it worked fine. I knew that I could not use stainless steel because of my lack of skill and the welder. I had read some posts stating that the grill paint would burn off and others stated that it would work, but I tried it anyway.

Today was my second all grain brew on the stand and the paint is holding up good. It has a couple of scratches but none has burned off. I realize that I do not have high pressure burners; they are the bayou classic sq 14 burners.

Anyway it has worked for me so far.

015.jpg

016.jpg

Wish I could weld. Built mine from rack from Lowes

You should give a core flux welder a try. I only made the welded version because I had always want to try it.

I looked at your stand, and it will do everything that you need it to. It looks good and was probably was a lot less expensive too. :mug:

I have done two stands with grill paint and it has held up well to the heat. One thing, if you are using the Rustoleum grill paint, is to consider ordering the "Ultra" online. It is the gloss paint and doesn't rub off on your hands like the flat paint does.

I have done two stands with grill paint and it has held up well to the heat. One thing, if you are using the Rustoleum grill paint, is to consider ordering the "Ultra" online. It is the gloss paint and doesn't rub off on your hands like the flat paint does.

I will try the Ultra. I noticed today that it rubs off.

It's hard to find locally. I had to order it from Amazon.

Back