Question on the right temps.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlegler

Reaction score
Okay I have helped out a few friends that are homebrewers and have a few that I ran solo along side them however they always handled the temperature side of it. So my question for you guys/gals is the appropriate temperature to 1) Carb. it at (will be in 5 gal. kegs) 2) Chill it at.

The reason for this is because I planed on turning a fridge into my fermenter to have a stable temp control on it, and a keezer for serving and didnt know if you carb at the same temp as fermenting or if you could put it in my keezer which would be set at a temp. appropriate for serving. Thanks guys/gals.... BREW ON!!

You need higher pressure to carb at warm temps. I carb at dispensing temp typically around 39-40 deg.
I like the set and forget method of carbing so you can have all kegs in one series with a single regulator and not have to mess with changing pressures.

This is a handy chart:

http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

Thank you. That will make it a lot easier having all my kegs in my keezer. Just have to remember to try and not drink the good homebrew thats carbing!!! Might have to force myself to remove the tap haha

Latest posts

Back