Just tried Red Rocket Ale for the first time WOW!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear Republic has some quality brews that are inexpensive. If you can find it check out Pete's Brown and Racer 5. Their Big Bear Black is great as well.

Red Rocket is one of my favorites too. If you ever get a chance to go to their brewpub, go! It is in Healdsburg. Their are a lot of great wineries around that area. We go there probably 5-6 times a year.

beerandloathinginaustin said:
Their Hop Rod Rye is pretty good too. Can't go wrong with Bear Republic.

I had the Hop Rod Rye for the first time last week and couldn't finish the glass. IMHO the most disgusting thing I've ever drank. Reminded me of nasty old school cough syrup. But to each their own.

I love the hop rod, but i love rye beers in general. I don't remember liking the red rocket very much. Has anyone tried lagunitas lucky 13? It's a similar style and, IMHO, much better.

Oh, yeah babe! BR's Red Rocket is my favorite big beer. An arrogantly spicy malt profile with a big piney hop flavor and just the right bitterness plus a beautiful color too.. Definitely made for extreme style fans. I'm glad it now comes in 12s and 22s.

Latest posts

Back