• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sightglass with Thermometer and Kettle Hop Filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Had some stuff sitting around I need to clean out of the brewery.

First is an all stainless sight glass and thermometer combo based on 1/2" NPT fittings.

halfinchcombo.jpg

halfinchcombo2.jpg

halfinchcombo3.jpg

It's set up for weldless which would call for a nice clean 3/4" hole in the vessel but you could certainly weld it in or even silver solder it instead of using the oring. The tubing is 1/2" OD polycarbonate and is 19" long so it would support almost any kind of vessel up to 24" high.

The thermo is a very high quality 3" face, 6" probe. I use two of the exact ones on my HLT and MLT. This one was used in my BK but I had to get a shorter probe to make room for my new huge chiller. You can easily calibrate the thermo with a allen screw.

If you price out everything that goes into this thing, I think you'll find your cost at about $60 plus shipping from various sources. I'll go $48 shipped (U.S.)

Next up is my home made hopstopper. You've seen me build it in a video on youtube. I can't use it now that I've gone back to playing around with an immersion chiller. This screen size is good enough to filter out any whole leaf hop bill or a small amount of pellets (under 4oz) or some combo of whole/pellet. It will NOT work if you chill with an immersion chiller.

hopfiltersale.jpg

hopfiltersale2.jpg

You get the screen, dip tube (works for a sanke style kettle) and the 5/8" tube to 1/2" NPT compression fitting (the most expensive piece of the puzzle. I'll sell it for price of the fitting and you get the rest free. $25 shipped.

Latest posts

Back