Birthday trivia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCrane

Reaction score
Little late, but... yesterday marked the birth of two great men, both born 2-12-1809 one freed slaves, the other freed minds. Any takers?

Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln... I can't believe it took people so long.

Morpheus?

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo."

matrix37.jpg

I celebrated Darwin day yesterday, it is one of the most revered holidays among my anti theist friends.

Donasay said:
I celebrated Darwin day yesterday, it is one of the most revered holidays among my anti theist friends.

Happy belated Darwin Day. However, please keep in mind that Darwinism and Creationism are not mutually exclusive schools of thought. This common misconception is prohibitive in teaching evolution to creationists. This is unfortunate, because many great minds are afraid to explore evolutionary ideas for fear of damnation. Just my 2 cents.

Lincoln didn't free slaves either...I believe the 13th Amendment to the Constitution did. ;)

Incidently, I saw a well packaged 25 or 30 year anniversary DVD set of Alex Haley's Roots at the store...recent research has found that AH had his ancestry wrong. Among other things...Kizzy was born 8 years after Chicken George died so she couldn't possibly be related...and to think he got a Nobel Prize for it...

homebrewer_99 said:
Lincoln didn't free slaves either...I believe the 13th Amendment to the Constitution did. ;)

Incidently, I saw a well packaged 25 or 30 year anniversary DVD set of Alex Haley's Roots at the store...recent research has found that AH had his ancestry wrong. Among other things...Kizzy was born 8 years after Chicken George died so she couldn't possibly be related...and to think he got a Nobel Prize for it...

Are you suggesting that my 3rd grade teacher was a liar? Next your going to tell me that Columbus didn't discover America and that Al Gore didn't invent the internets!!;)

TheCrane said:
Are you suggesting that my 3rd grade teacher was a liar? Next your going to tell me that Columbus didn't discover America and that Al Gore didn't invent the internets!!;)
No, your teacher wasn't a liar, just uninformed. BTW, Columbus never set foot on North America...I can't speak for Al Bore except for, yes, he is a liar. ;) :D

Also, Levi Strauss DID NOT make jeans for the gold miners...the Gold Rush was long over before he made his first pair of jeans. :D

No, your teacher wasn't a liar, just uninformed. BTW, Columbus never set foot on North America...I can't speak for Al Bore except for, yes, he is a liar.

Man its hard to sell the sarcasm in text!!

Back