Anyone use hot tap water for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a hot water on demand gas water heater... i turn the knob up for a few min while i fill my kettle.. just makes the comeing up to temp a little faster, Im useing a propain turkey frier tho

Can you elaborate? Did you already post this somewhere? I don't see the connection.

Most garden hoses are not designed or manufactured to carry potable water. If you look, you'll see ones that are designed for such. They're a bit more expensive, but should be much safer.

You know I never thought about this until you brought this up and I havent used hot water to decrease lag time in brewing but was planning on it very soon as I am almost fully set up to do all grain( Ive done it before but without proper equipment was turned off). I have domestic hot water and when taking a shower notice that it can taste very salty so now I see what you are saying and will not use that method, thanks for bringing this up!

Back