Brewmeister iPhone App

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidg410

Reaction score
Who would be interested in an iPhone/iPad app dedicated to brewing?

I've got some good ideas around recipe trade, homebrew swap, calculators and what not.

Who would be interested and what ideas do you have for great functionality and user interface? I've got the resources to create, just need some interest to get really excited about it.

Hmm, a recipe trade feature would be really neat, and the calculators are an obvious must. How about a visual SRM scale so you can estimate color when you're on the go?

Have you checked out the existing iphone apps? I have both Brew Pal and Beer Alchemy (just the viewer that syncs to my computer). If not, check them out, figure out what's wrong with them, and make one better.

I find I use them for quick experimenting or looking things up, but for most things I prefer using my computer because I'm probably sitting down with a bunch of books or quickly going through web pages.

I use beer alchemy on the computer and that software's free viewer app on my iPhone. The viewer is great. Syncs nicely and I can take it to the LHBS or if I'm away from my computer I have stats on every batch of beer I've brewed. The $15 beer alchemy app is editable, but the hefty price tag has prevented me from getting that.

I would like to see an app that has a truly useful brew log. Even some of the desktop software don't really have a good brew log option. I'd like to be able to see a list of what I've brewed by date, and have it log all the good stuff... then again, I'd also like to have a billion dollars and a new set of jugs for the SWMBO... :D

i like iBrewMaster. it has a few bugs in the current build but the developer is fixing them and will release the fixes soon.

i like that you can re-order the recipe items. also the fact that you can make a batch out of a recipe then change the ingredients in the batch is nice. i always have to make changes to a recipe because of the inventory of my LHBS. being able to make a copy of a recipe or batch is good to. helps when your converting from AG to partial mash or vice versa. i also like the schedule feature. being able to email all the info is also nice. makes sharing recipes easy.

the only short coming i can see with the app is the lack of calculators and tools. also one thing i would like to see is pre-boil gravity info. the app has the OG and FG but not a boil gravity. your app should use the pre-boil gravity in the IBU calculations. also it should take the fermentability of some of the items into account. for instants the app should know that lactose is 0% fermentable and not use its grav points in the FG calculation. same with other adjuncts. i would be fine with the app assuming that the grain is 100% fermentable.

Back