Need Names for 2 Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
Ok, in part with a Brewing Class at FIU, i will be serving 10 gallons of my beer at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival! I have 5 gallons of a Rye Ale, and 5 gallons of a Maris Otter+EKG SMaSH. I need to think of some creative names to serve these beers under. There will be a total of 9 kegs, 2 will be for me, 1 will be a wit, another 1 an IPa, 1 a Pale ale, 3 varities of stouts and something else.

onto the dirty:

My rye ale was suppose to be a "red rye ale" but because of better-than-expected efficiency, its a tad darker. Its hopped with Styrian Goldings and has a nice, complex zing/spice thing going on. Its 6% ABV

Names: Rye Pale Ale, Rye Ale, Rachel Ray Rye (she's gonna be there), Rachel's Rye.

The SMaSH is light-medium bodied, has FWH, a 20 min, and flameout addition. It is gorgeous!

Names: SMaSH (Single Malt and Single Hop), South Beach Gold, Golden Panther Ale (FIU's Mascot) English Pale Ale.

Remember, this event is focusing primarily on food and wine. We will be the only event to serve beer! so while some of the names may not be "to style" or proper, it would need to appeal to the wine drinker/fine dining connoisseur.

Thank ya HBT! :ban:

Hm I'm pretty bad at coming up with names but I've been to South Beach so I'll do a brain dump of terms I associate with it and maybe that will help spark some ideas.

Star Island, cruise ships, Cuban food, Nikki Beach, Europeans, gays, queens, boobs, g-strings, artistic life guard stands, salsa dancing, steroids, sex, blue water, Versace Mansion, and coconuts.

Not sure if some of those are appropriate, but man I miss that place.

For the rye:
Take it in the Redrye
Rachel's Red Rye (If it were a higher ABV beer, you could call it Rachel's Big Red Rye.)

For the pale ale:
Rachel's Cougar Ale (I know you guys are panthers but trust me on this one)

That's all I've got.

For the rye:
Take it in the Redrye
Rachel's Red Rye (If it were a higher ABV beer, you could call it Rachel's Big Red Rye.)

For the pale ale:
Rachel's Cougar Ale (I know you guys are panthers but trust me on this one)

That's all I've got.

lol, nice. truth be told cougars = panthers = mountain lions :rockin:

Red-eye Rye

Rachel's Ale (she drinks on her show, she might drop in)

Cibola (one of the 7 cities of gold)

You probably can't use any college mascott they frown on brazen ties to alcohol, I don't know why???!!!

Red-eye Rye

Rachel's Ale (she drinks on her show, she might drop in)

Cibola (one of the 7 cities of gold)

You probably can't use any college mascott they frown on brazen ties to alcohol, I don't know why???!!!

Unless your selling it, who is gonna be like, "oh you can't but a miami hurricanes logo on that beer!" If Allen from The Hangover was talking about you he would say, "He was a retard". Just pick something, hopefully your gonna drink it soon. I do pinup/girls on all my labels, its just my theme. So if it were mine I would do something like - Catch Her In the Rye with a picture of a pinup laying in a bed or rye or something...

Latest posts

Back