So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting now. AG setup is not ready yet so extract it is. Honey Brown Ale.

image-158162749.jpg

Got the fermenter cleaned out & soaking clean for filling with a stout later,if I can ever get my mash going after cleaning everything. Gunna wash the same yeast from the Maori IPA next weekend. Maybe brew the robust porter next Sunday.

First imperial stout, second all grain! I was really looking forward to fermenting in the 15 cu ft freezer I bought from a friend. Too bad it doesn't actually work...Adios dineros!

Got the BK/MT heating up for the PM Traditional stout kit from midwest. This should be decent by Christmas made into Whiskely. Yesterday's bottling day was interesting. I left the muslin grain sack contqining the 3.5oz dry hop in the FV as I racked to the bottling bucket. As the level went down,the bag came to rest against the inside of the spigot. the remaing 6 bottles or so worth was filtered through it. Boy,did that smell good!

I'm about half way through the boil on my PM traditional stout now. boy that smells good with 1oz NB for bittering. smells like stout with coffee already. Gotta dry hop my new batch of Maori IPA after I pick up my son from work & get the stout in the fermenter.

Halfway thru my second 5 gallon batch. The toasted coconut stout turned out amazing. It's thick and creamy. I'm in love. The second batch is a Christmas ale. Looking good so far. Smells great. Wish it were earlier but I got held up with other stuff this morning. :-(

Yellowirenut said:
Tomorrow morning...with the sunrise Andes Mint Chocolate Stout
now I'm intrigued. I love Andes Mints and beer. This is a win win I bet. Recipe?

Def a busy day in the brewery today. Started at 8:49AM cleaning up after bottling day yesterday,including the fermenter. Brewed up a partial mash Traditional stout kit from midwest. Got that in the fermenter. Dry hopped my Maori IPA as well. Weighed out 2ozs of white oak chips into an airtight container with about 1/4C of Jim Beam bourbon to keep sealed in the fridge during primary fermentation. long day,but a good kinda tired,getting done @ 7:15PM...:mug:

My daughter finished 858 days of chemo back in June. To help her regain her strength, she has been involved with therapeutic horse riding. The organization she does the riding through is having a fund raiser....so I am brewing a batch of Cream of 3 Crops to raffle off.

Brewing an all grain American brown and bottling a Black Butte clone tomorrow starting at 4am before the wife and kiddies find something else for me to do

Yesterday I brewed an Irish Red Ale in the morning and in the afternoon I went on a tour of Southern Star Brewery. What a great day off!

I bottled an IPA Friday,& brewed a stout yesterday. Also dry hopped another IPA & cleaned things up just to re-use the now open fermenter. Cleanin up after brewday this mornin. Wanna see how long I can keep both fermenters full! :ban:

I wanted to brew today....instead have to supervise for 12 hours at work..ugh. This sunday work is cutting into valuable brew time, but the OT is paying for this expensive hobby.

My daughter finished 858 days of chemo back in June. To help her regain her strength, she has been involved with therapeutic horse riding. The organization she does the riding through is having a fund raiser....so I am brewing a batch of Cream of 3 Crops to raffle off.

This is probably the best post I have seen on here. Good luck on the raffle and continued good health to your daughter.

I just finished the boil on an Imperial Stout extract kit.

To help with chilling the wort, I guessed at how much water I'd need post boil and froze it solid. Now I've got the unusual problem of waiting for the wort to warm up to pitching temp. It's at 48 degrees now with two huge chunks of ice floating around in it.

But it looks like it's gonna be a stout stout.

Just bottled my oaked Brett B IPA.

Hopefully my Doc can figure out my back problem in time for me to be drinking it when it's carbed. Otherwise, I'll be skipping days on the pain meds so I can enjoy a few bottles.

Brewed a NE Brown this morning... smooth brew day and its sitting in the swamp cooler...

Heating up the mash water right now for a 5 gal all grain American Amber. Some brew p0rn for ya:

IMAG0013_zps0cd10f84.jpg

15 pounds of grainy goodness about to be milled .....

IMAG0020_zpsc2d88fbc.jpg

15 pounds of milled grainy goodness .....

More to come!! Thanks for looking!

Brewed a Pumpkin Ale all grain kit from AHS this weekend! It seems to be going great, airlock was talking within 12 hours. Only thing is every time I have used my new igloo mash tun I end up with a higher gravity by about .05 to .10 every time

Back