Help drilling kettle in Richmond, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to add a ball valve to my aluminum kettle, but don't have the appropriate drill bit, and really wouldn't need it beyond this application. Is there anyone in the Richmond, VA area who could help me out with by either drilling it for me or lending me the bit to do myself?

Thanks!

I just borrowed one from work.

If that is not an option you can always get a cheap uni-bit from Harbor Freight.

Cheapest I could find.

Main thing when drilling is to use a slow speed. I just added a sight glass and ball valve to my Aluminum pot. It was making a mess, I thought I had slow enough speed. Changed the drill press speed to 200RPM, much better.

goybar, unfortunately I work at a children's museum, and I doubt they have that kind of thing, or at least wouldn't let it out of the building. Will look into cheap online, as I'm sure Lowe's or Home Depot would grossly overcharge me.

That said, if there's anyone in the Richmond area who can help me out, drop me a line!

I bought the harbor freight Titanium bit. It worked for one keg and I took it back because it dulled and chipped. They refunded my money with no questions asked. I was hoping to use it for several kegs but it wasn't in the cards.

Back