Apricot Blonde question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunmetal

Reaction score
For those of you that have made the Dry Dock brewing recipe, after three days of active fermentation, do you rack on top of the apricot puree, or just pour it in? I bought the puree and the grain, but I am not sure of this step. It would be easier to just dump it in. But would you stir it and by doing so aerate the wort?

I actually have the beer in the primary now, but am going on day 6 and have not added the puree yet. I did do a search here for adding fruit and there are of course two schools of thought....wait to primary is done, add puree to the secondary and then rack the beer from the primary on top of the puree (which will help mix it).

Second school of thought is to add to the primary and let ferment out for another week and then rack to secondary to help clear the beer as the puree will add some haze.

Personally, I am going to add it to the primary today and then let it sit for a week then transfer to secondary for another week, then cold crash it for 2 days to drop out the yeast and puree before bottling.

I make an apricot blonde. Not the Dry Fock version but it uses Vinters Purée as well. I add it after most of the fermentation is done. Usually day 5 or so. Let it sit at least another 10 days. Then straight to keg with gelatin to drop out the haze. Never fails to produce nice aroma and a slight but noticeable balanced apricot. I'm not a big fan of extracts, but some are ok

Back