Beer Sports

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What spectator sport is most Beer-freindly?

• Baseball

• American Football

• Futbol (American Soccer)

• Rugby

• Hockey

• Basketball

• Curling

• Tennis

• Golf

• Other (Insert Crazy Euro Sport)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spectator as in in-the-stands-spectator, or watching-from-the-living-room? Football is a lot different from the living room than when you're standing in 10 degree weather.

Cricket. e.g. Ashes series lasts for four days. 5 matches in series. 20 drinking days. :rockin:

AFL (Aussie Rules Football). Matches on Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday Night and then Sunday Afternoon. Can take its toll watching a weekend of that. 1.5 cartons normal.:drunk:

Darts. Say no more. It is not a beer belly, it is ballast.:mug:

I'd say baseball for my top pick... if you go to a game you pretty much have to get a beer and a bag of peanuts or a hot dog. It just doesn't feel right if you don't...

I picked hockey just because I go to more hockey games than anything else, therefore I consume more beer there.

Even though football is my favorite sport, I've got to say baseball, a lot of down time between innings, perfect time to go get a couple cold ones, especially on a warm day. Not that I don't like beer in 10 degree windy weather, I just prefer drinking it in the sun on a nice dry 75 degree day.

If you don't mind....a few adjustments....

ryser2k said:
I'd say baseball for my top pick... if you go to a game you pretty much have to get a few beers and a bag of peanuts and a few brats. It just doesn't feel right if you don't...

Now affording that is another story, that's what the tailgate parties are for, right?

uwmgdman said:
If you don't mind....a few adjustments....

Now affording that is another story, that's what the tailgate parties are for, right?
Haha, but I'm a Phillies fan... so I guess you should replace "a few brats" with "a big ass cheesesteak".

Of course my personal favorite is the Schmitter:
Schmitter-smaller.gif

Pounding beers at Yankee Stadium can get expensive, $7.50 a pop for crap. I'll take football and tailgating. Get there a few hours before the game, drink a bunch of homebrew while grilling brats and after the game do it again while waiting for everone to leave. Can't beat it.

ryser2k said:
Haha, but I'm a Phillies fan... so I guess you should replace "a few brats" with "a big ass cheesesteak".

Of course my personal favorite is the Schmitter:
Schmitter-smaller.gif

now that sure does look good......would go perfectly with some brew!

I'm a hockey fan- nothing like going to a Milwaukee Admirals game at the Bradley Center (in Milwaukee, for non- cheesehead types) and drinking Leine's. Of course, on the way, I stop at the Milwaukee Ale house for Louie's Demise, then to the Water Street Brewery for their seasonal. By the time I get there, I'm in a very hockey-ish mood.

Lorena

I picked curling, tennis, and golf - I can't watch any of them without getting a good buzz first (read: drunk off my ass).

What about beer pong? I guess that's more participant than spectator based...but...

lorenae said:
I stop at the Milwaukee Ale house for Louie's Demise

<3 Louie's . . . but do ya ever mention ya may be coming down outa da Nord Woods der eh? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Dats OKhey, I'll just sit chere on me arse on my davenport in my front troom and drink my brewz mysef . . .

lorenae said:
I'm a hockey fan- nothing like going to a Milwaukee Admirals game at the Bradley Center (in Milwaukee, for non- cheesehead types) and drinking Leine's. Of course, on the way, I stop at the Milwaukee Ale house for Louie's Demise, then to the Water Street Brewery for their seasonal. By the time I get there, I'm in a very hockey-ish mood.

Lorena
Do you get there often? SWMBO and I (and our little hockey monkey) have a half season package for the Admirals. Sadly these days the Leiny lodge is usually closed during Ad's games, so you can't get the 24 oz'ers for $7, which is the best deal in the Bradley Center.

Pumbaa said:
<3 Louie's . . . but do ya ever mention ya may be coming down outa da Nord Woods der eh? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Dats OKhey, I'll just sit chere on me arse on my davenport in my front troom and drink my brewz mysef . . .

Ya, you could sit dere and watch da football, but dem dere Packers are playin like a bunch o ol' wimmin dontcha know!

Pumbaa said:

I only get down about twice a year, doncha know. I didn't realize that you spoke Yooper, Pumbaa. Now I can be myself....

We'll be at the Admirals game on December 29. I'm going down to Pewaukee on the 28th to hang out with my brother in law and my two teenagers. Then Friday AM, we're going downtown. I got a great deal on Priceline at the Hyatt Regency downtown. We'll walk down to the Ale house for dinner, probably. The kids now think the Safe House is the coolest place in Milwaukee so it might be an argument on where to go! I like staying downtown, because we can walk everywhere and have a drink. If you don't mind two teenagers and my brother-in-law, maybe we could meet up for a drink.

Anyway, I'm hijacking this thread- sorry about that. Carry on.

Lorena

2nd Street Brewery said:
Pounding beers at Yankee Stadium can get expensive, $7.50 a pop for crap. I'll take football and tailgating. Get there a few hours before the game, drink a bunch of homebrew while grilling brats and after the game do it again while waiting for everone to leave. Can't beat it.

Tailgating is allowed at White Sox games - which is big fun. My seats are also in a great spot. The view is ok, but I'm right by the "Beers of the World" tent which has a pretty good selection. The good stuff is no more expensive than the Miller Light - which is nice. But when they're getting $6.50 a beer, it's not like they're giving you a break or anything.

Wolf said:
Ya, you could sit dere and watch da football, but dem dere Packers are playin like a bunch o ol' wimmin dontcha know!

That's what the BEERS are for!!!

Those are all some seriously good reasons to suck down some barley soda, but I have to go with the tried and true:

da fooseball

lorenae said:
I didn't realize that you spoke Yooper, Pumbaa. Now I can be myself....

Actually that was Sout Side (Cudahey / Sout Mwaukee, of Packard Avanu dial-a-licked ) donchya know der eh. It's sorta like comparing Irish Gaelic to Scottish Gealic . . . no reel ****ing differins :p

Aint nobody gonna pick B-Ball? I know its 420 friendly, its got to be beer too. I usually only watch March Madness and the NBA finals myself.

Golf for sure, I like them little go-carts because when you gotta chase down the beer wench, you need something faster than those damn robotic golf bag holders. Plus, after a sixer or 2 those golf pants are hilarious! Yeah, I'm a redneck. Hey, golf at midnite in Alaska summer is the BEST! A moose on the tee box is NOT an automatic hole-in-1.

Going to a English Premier League football match and watching the fans heckle the players/referees/opposing fans is great to drink with. Plus, most of the teams are top notch and great to watch as well.

rdwj said:
Tailgating is allowed at White Sox games - which is big fun.
Pimping one's mother while smoking meth with your son is also allowed at Sox games.

Dirty Southside Fan said:
My seats are also in a great spot. The view is ok...
Are you by the "Families with matching neck tattoos" section? Love the little girls with the tattoos that say "Cubs can suck my c*nt" on the back of their neck.

:)

lorenae said:
The kids now think the Safe House is the coolest place in Milwaukee so it might be an argument on where to go!
Lorena

It used to be, last time I was there (probably 5 years ago) it seemed kind of run down. Maybe they're trying to ressurect it. Definitely a unique experience you ought to do at least once...

Cheesefood said:
Pimping one's mother while smoking meth with your son is also allowed at Sox games.

Are you by the "Families with matching neck tattoos" section? Love the little girls with the tattoos that say "Cubs can suck my c*nt" on the back of their neck.

:)

Ya, that world series REALLY rattled the Cub fan cages. Nothing but anger.

I see the Cubbies are throwing around money like a horny drunk at a strip club. Those are a LOT of years and a TON of money for a guy that can't field, a lazy third baseman and a .500 pitcher.

rdwj said:
Ya, that world series REALLY rattled the Cub fan cages. Nothing but anger.

I see the Cubbies are throwing around money like a horny drunk at a strip club. Those are a LOT of years and a TON of money for a guy that can't field, a lazy third baseman and a .500 pitcher.

Troof! Horny guy + coke binge + strip club kind of money.

I can't argue with you there. The Lilly thing kinda made sense, but Jason "6.02 ERA" Marquis? The Soriano thing I'm not so sure about. He's more of a player for a team that needs a seat-filler player (which the Cubs don't). I'd have rather picked up stronger arms. Our bats are fine.

I'm a sports nut and voted for hockey. There's nothing quite as rowdy and wonderful as getting drunk at the hockey game. Plus, it takes the chill out of the air. :rockin:

loop

I said football, but that's loosely based on the fact that i am in college and the Pac10 games are fantastic to drink to. The only time i've drank to baseball is when my team won the college champs last year, other than that i lack experience.

Anyone else been to an FC Bayern or a Manchester United game? You want to talk about beer! Munich + Fussball + Bier = unforgettable day.

t-dogg said:
I must be the only one from the south. Its gotta be nascar

All the fun of drinking and driving together. Let me just ask this: is NASCAR as much fun to watch on TV as it is in person? I've never been to a NASCAR event (even though I still have family in Joliet), but I've watched it on TV. Pretty boring, but that's because I don't understand the intricacies.

Try listening to it on the radio... :rolleyes:

When you can't even SEE the accidents, what's the point? "

t's a left turn, it's another left turn, down the straightaway, another left turn, another left turn.... the SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!"

On the positive side, how many sports can claim a participant by the name of "Dick Trickle"? Holy ****, though, I never knew this about him...

Part of his popularity stemmed from his unusual and innuendo-laden name. ESPN's Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann often made it a point to mention where he finished whenever NASCAR highlights were featured on Sportscenter. He was also infamous for having drilled a hole in his safety helmet so that he could smoke while racing, and for installing cigarette lighters in his race cars. [1] Trickle was allowed by NASCAR to smoke in the race car during yellow flag periods, and in the 1990 Winston 500, Trickle was seen on live television by the in-car camera lighting up and smoking a cigarette.

Got to be homebrewing!

nascar - They're in the far turn BOOORRRINGG!, then the home stretch YAWNNNNN! YAWNNNNN! YAWNNNNN!

I hear UPS is going to save $600M this year by hiring nascar drivers & eliminating left turns.:D

Back