New Brewer in NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintman

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a new brewer in Charlotte NC. My wife made me quit tinkering on old Jeeps so I started doing this almost a year ago. I had read "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" ages ago but couldn't afford to get started then. My curiosity had me pick up a new copy and I was thrilled to get started. I have brewed 40 gallons (8 batches) and have learned a ton from haunting the board and reading as much as I can. The beers I have made are pretty good, dme and grain steeping (no liquid extract) and I think I might want to go AG. my operation has moved from the stovetop to a cajun cooker burner and small brewpot in the driveway. Moving outside made this a ton more fun! I was also able to go from boiling 2 gallon to 3...

So any and all advice will be warmly welcome and if you are in my area you are always welcome to a cold one!

welcome to the forum flintman. several other charlotte brewers on here too. i tinker on my jeep too but just to keep her running. :)

Thanks guys. Any idea where I might be able to locate a few kegs? I have called around to area distributors and reached out to local breweries, no luck...

Thanks guys. Any idea where I might be able to locate a few kegs? I have called around to area distributors and reached out to local breweries, no luck...

Welcome! and Craigslist but be quick!

Back