Friar Tucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchy

Reaction score
I'm going to Friar Tucks this weekend to buy all my equipment. Does anyone have any comments on the quality of their malt extract/hops/yeast? If they have what i'm looking for, I may buy my ingredients there, but I don't know if they tend to have fresh stock or not. If not I'll just buy over the internet.

I've brewed with their grains and DME, beers came out fine!

I have also been wondering the same thing, for the time being I have bough most of my ingredients online. I'm local, so if you need anything shoot me a pm.

If you go to the one in Savoy and have any interest in Thai/Vietnamese food be sure to stop by the place next door.

i have brewed with their brewers best kits and had very good beer, i have not put a beer togather using their lme, or dme, just yet but soon as i find a good hefe recipe i like i will be using there grains.

Well I went to Friar Tucks in Springfield IL, and they had most everything i needed. Sounds like they will special order stuff for you, but might take a whiel cause they have a $$ limit before they'll place an order. My only problem was that they had a very small selection of hops available. i'll have to compare the price of my extract and yeast online to see if i keep buying there. if i do it'll probably be limited as it is an hour drive for me.

Back