Racked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knittycat

Reaction score
I racked my Mr Beer batch to a secondary today. I was going to bottle as it's been two weeks, but it was just so cloudy still that I decided to rack it to my secondary instead. I have no air lock as of yet, so the lid is simply not snapped on. I've got it sitting in a bed of salt to keep the ants out. I'm thinking of rigging up a home made air lock. Driving into Houston or mail ordering is just silly for how little they cost.

Here's my fancy dancy secondary. I've actually got it wrapped in tin-foil to keep the light out.

546675_4043734416286_1369632043_33547576_1341352024_n.jpg

I'd leave alone and hope that the unsnapped lid is doing a job similar to an airlock, and bottle in 10 days to 2 weeks. I think you could be pushing the limits of tampering and exposing the brew to air if you try to make an airlock for this one.

I looked at the picture before reading the post and I was really hoping this was a post about making a beer with lemon creme donut filling.

LOL! I have another bucket that I'm not using yet. I can't get the apple filling smell out of it. Maybe I'll use it to make cider ;)

Latest posts

Back