Does Starsan hurt the beer ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
This may sound weird but I put star san into my bubbler on the fermenting bucket and it all bubbled out last night and when I went to refill bubbler with some sanitizer solution some fell into the bucket through the hole. Will this hurt the beer?

I know not to fear the foam but I am questioning it going directly into the fermentation....

Thanks in advance did my first brew with steeping grains and hop additions yesterday....Northern Brewer Sierra Madre Ale.....:tank:

Naaa, I would not worry. How much feel in? The taste of star san is not that bad, little metallic maybe.

No worries. I had put about 1/4 gal of starsan into my bottling bucket to sanitize it once. And I forgot it was there and siphoned 5gal of brown ale into it. The SWMBO caught it when she asked if the beer should be that "foamy". DOH!

The advice here was to bottle and condition like normal. It was spot on...to this day it has been my best beer. Hell sometimes I think I should add some starsan for good measure LOL

Back