So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 5 gallons of Blonde Ale to make along with 2 gallons of a strawberry wheat and 2 gallons of blueberry wheat to make. Hopefully I can get this done this weekend.

Just finishing up the final touches to my brew rig, and will be doing my first AG brew, a 5 gal batch of NB Deadringer.

Brewed up 5 gallons of Centennial Blonde. Disappointed to see I was out of Centennial, so I went with Amarillo for bittering and then Citra for flavor/aroma.

Just baught my first beer kit..i like making ciders cyser mead and melomel so this is gonna be fun. I have an irish amber ale extract kit to try..:)

I made a starter last night for a milk stout I am doing this weekend. Wife's request for after our 1st born comes next month.

brewing up a black IPA tomorrow, it'll also be my first crack at water chemistry instead of just bottled spring water

Looks like I'll be bottling the ESB this weekend. And to think it was brewed 6 days after the Irish red,which stalled at 1.020. The ESB was down to 1.014 (corrected) in 10 days yesterday.

I have a physical scheduled in the morning and the rest of the day off. As soon as the doctor pulls his finger outa my ass, I am going to fire up the rig and brew 5 gallons of a cream ale recipe that I got from a local craft brewer.

Brewed a mini-batch (2 gallons) SMASH today. Maris Otter + Summit, S-05 as yeast. I'm hoping to crank out a bunch of small SMASH or other single hop batches over the next couple of months along with some normal brews. After not having brewed for six months, I've now done 10 batches since March 15th!

I have a physical scheduled in the morning and the rest of the day off. As soon as the doctor pulls his finger outa my ass, I am going to fire up the rig and brew 5 gallons of a cream ale recipe that I got from a local craft brewer.

Wow! I would have to have a couple of hb's before I left the house...

I woulda gone for a brown ale myself afterwards, but I suppose a cream ale might work if you're into that kinda thing ;):confused:

No Dr is going to do that to me without getting punched in the nose, unless he buys me dinner first. lmao

Cheers :mug:

Was hoping to put together and run a test batch on my new herms set up but a few things won't come in till Monday. Damnit.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

building a multi level brew table on sunday and took off work monday just so I could brew my first attempt at a wheat beer. Simple recipe, would love a critique.

5.5 lbs white wheat
5 lbs pale malt
.5 lbs vienna

bitter with halltauer to about 20 IBU's
1.053 OG, not sure what yeast I'm using yet

adding blackberry puree to secondary on the request of my wife

I got a 4 day weekend, planning plenty of brewing. First I'm thinking a hefeweizen, probably 5 gal batch and a smack of 3068 - washing planned. Then I'll dedicate a full day to getting on my first 10g batch, Orfy's Hobgoblin II, (upsize required) highly recommended for anyone who has not yet tried it.

Now can anyone just give a quick heads up about what to expect from 5g to 10g batches? Setup is 2 large enough stock pots, AG, cooler tun, bathtub cold water chill. Current expectation: Larger volumes and weights, and in the case of chilling longer waits. Double up ingredients and mash volumes, nothing too apocalyptic to come up and get me. Thanks.

Kicking off the end of my 4 months of unemployment with a hoppy pale. Back to the grind Monday. Finally.

Brewing a saison tomorrow. Trying some new herbal additions: heather tips at the end of the boil and rose buds/petals in dry hop.

Just started mashing my Fugwagon Porter, in honor of Lagwagon day today. The recipe is loosely based on Port O' Palmer from How to Brew, but with several of my own tweaks. And using fuggles to complete the name

Long weekend up in Canada. Getting together with a buddy on Monday and brewing two 10 gal batches, a saison and an American wheat

So started up my batch last night. Ended up with 5.5g of 1.088 wort. Usually I'd dilute with water (sorry beer Gods), then parti gyle a second. Not this time! Took the second runnings this morning - still smelled like good mashing - ran the numbers with gravity and adding it to what's already in the fermenter and I'm thrilled. 48L (target 46) at the target OG 1.056. Ran the numbers, 83% efficiency, my highest to date! :rockin::ban:

Brew on!

Kegging a Bo Pils today and brewing an Oktoberfest tomorrow with the Pils yeast slurry. Fine tuning these two recipes and brewing them about every other week.

Back