What section of WalMart has extracts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsan

Reaction score
What section of WalMart has soda extracts? Going to the U.S. on a very time sensitive trip so need to get in and out. I know our Canadian stores don't stock any for sure.

Only soda "extract" they have that I know of is for soda stream. If they had any it would be in the house wear department (pots, pans, etc) near the Mr. Beer packages.

Try a Meijer also. I am certain they have soda extacts, at least in my local one.
Its like a walmart but with a bit better quality products and more prevalent than walmart in Michigan.

Knicked over the border and was able to find anise, orange, peppermint and rootbeer extracts in the baking section. Going to head back in a few weeks and re-stock on some other flavours I passed on (almond and coconut).

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

Only soda "extract" they have that I know of is for soda stream. If they had any it would be in the house wear department (pots, pans, etc) near the Mr. Beer packages.

Try a Meijer also. I am certain they have soda extacts, at least in my local one.
Its like a walmart but with a bit better quality products and more prevalent than walmart in Michigan.

Your Walmart has Mr. Beer packages? That's pretty neat. Never seen them at Walmart before.

Rocketsan, What part of the US are you visiting? Most of the Walmarts that I've seen here will have a wide selection of the Watkins brand and very good prices. Is that what you picked up? Most that I've tried are decent flavorings, but I don't like the cherry flavor. I have seen almond (good), vanilla (ok), coconut (very good), banana (good when fresh), cherry (tastes like nyquil), chocolate (good, but tastes like tootsie rolls), orange (haven't tried), root beer (haven't tried), peanut butter (haven't tried), butter (good), maple (good), anise (haven't tried), mint (good), peppermint (haven't tried), raspberry (good), strawberry (haven't tried), caramel (haven't tried), and maybe a couple others that I can't think of at the moment.

If you stop by a kroger store (Kroger, Dillon's, Fred Meyer, Ralph's, Frye's, King Soopers, Smith's, etc.), I know I've seen some different extracts under their store brand there in the baking section that I've not seen other places. Though the only one I can think of of the top of my head is brandy flavor.

Western New York - Niagara Falls. Grabbed a whack of extracts to try. Only homebrew shops stock them up here....

Pretty much all grocery stores down here - even little ones and mom/pops carry SOME assortment of extracts in the baking aisle.

Back