Wine bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hello all. I am about ready to bottle 5 gallons of Riesling. It was made from simple juice I bought from my LHBS, a few chemicals and yeast. It has been in a carboy for one year now and racked a handful of times. My question is should I put any potassium sorbate in? If so how much and for how long should I let it sit from there before bottling? Would there be any other additives I should be adding? Thank you in advance for your help

If you don't plan on sweetening then potassium sorbate is not needed before bottling. The only other additive that you may need to add is potassium metabisulfite, if you have not been adding that over the years period then you will want to add some before bottling to protect your wine from oxidization, if you have not added it up to this point I would add a 1/4 teaspoon to the batch and wait a month or so before bottling.

Back