Question for existing kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleFisted

Reaction score
I have commercial sized kegerator that I have bought from a draft budweiser guy. It has the single tower dispensor on it. My question is can I tap into that single tower and place another dispensor or can I drill into the front where the door is and place three more dispensors? I found out that it will hold up to four corny kegs so I would like to have 3-4 kegs in there at a time. I know that a lot of you are probably going to say just buy a three or four dispensor tower. The ones I have found are about 2 to 300 bucks. I would rather just build my own. Here is a pic I have of my kegerator now, it has a 20 lb. cO2 tank on it. I know I would have to buy a manifold for it as well. Any suggestions?

Picture

Most go with a tower or coffin because the taps in the door will be low. But if you don't mind bending over to pull a pint go for it. Will work fine.

You can drill that tower for 2 more holes fairly easily. Most likely it's chrome plated brass. I did this to a few towers. You will need the tower shanks, and you will need a tower shank wrench, or you can make your own wrench. It's very tight in there. Measure twice before drilling. Realize the clearance you will need for the shanks. You could look at http://www.acumetalfab.com to see what they charge for a tower only. I would like to recommend perlick fwd seal faucets for the new ones.
Mine is converted from a single and two faucet tower.
MG_9976.JPG

my tower is also refrigerated but I figured i would take that out that way I have more room for beer lines. So all I would need to do is buy two beer shanks with the elbow, the standard beer faucet, and of course the wrench. What do you recommend using to drill out the hole?

Back