Can't decide what to brew next? Try this tool!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so can't wait till this becomes drinkable!!!!

I don't know that it will. The Pac Gems I used were kinda cheesy, and the all-Pac Gem late-hop American wheat I made was a dumper. I should have chucked those hops as soon as they arrived, but I put them in three batches, and they all have the same weird.. puckering.. Lemon Pledge.. kinda.. thing.

As for the REIPA, the rye and yeast both have their spicy and earthy notes, but the 3oz of Goldings are just not coming through as much as I wanted. Oh hey, I have another ounce Goldings left, I'll make a hop tea! Gack, no. Those hops smell like nacho sauce now. I don't remember them being weird when I opened them, but now that they've been in the freezer for a month and a half (in their original bag, top folded over) they're awful. But the Cascades, stored similarly and for about as long, seem fine.:confused:

The beer is just not very tasty. It's too bad, because I like the peppery yeast character, the hearty MO, and the crisp rye. The hops just totally fail here.

Smoked Stout with American Lager yeast

i'll interpret that as:

"smoked baltic porter"

sounds awesome.

Oatmeal Wheat with German Wheat yeast - Troglodyte kidneys measure sardonic spasms not unlike the movements of an albatross buried in creosote.

Back