The most crappy thing I've ever heard.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spareparts

Reaction score
I guess my beer for the last few years has been crappy...

So my wife talked me in to cleaning the bathroom with her. She's three months pregnant so for once I gave in. I'm cleaning the toilet the best way I know how and she hands me a scrub brush. I tell her that I can't use that on the toilet cause I use it on my wort chiller.

Apparently the scrub brush I've been using on my wort chiller has also been used to clean my toilet for the last few years. I'm kind of disgusted as I drink some homebrew with residual crap in it....

Ummm, errr, ahhhh. It gets boiled at least?
Sorry dude. That's balls.

im sorry, but i literally just laughed out loud.

that is a serious case of misfortune and a lack of communication.

i am sorry for your poopy beers.

I suppose I can attest to the power of proper sanitation techniques now. No human fecal bacterial infections in my beer...well I have been rather regular lately...does that mean anything???

I did the same as Cali. Sorry, man. That really does suck.

Maybe time to get a dedicated brush and keep it with your brewing supplies?

In the olden days of beer the local brewers had a 'magic stirrer' that imparted wild yeast strains to the beer (unbeknown to them), rather than pitching yeast. It was never washed and usually just hung on a wall and different houses were known to make better/worse beer, but the only known variable was the stirrer.......maybe if the quality of your beer goes down rather than up after this discovery, you should encourage to wife to clean the toilet in the traditional manner more often.

Ha ha, classic!

But who scrubs their IC? I just rinse mine with a hose before & after use & dunk it in starsan.

I can't mix up Starsan by the bucket, my water is so hard that it doesn't get along with Starsan for very long and I end up having to dump it. Usually I just do a half gallon of distilled water at a time and use a spray bottle or pour it on equipment.

There's a few spots where break material collects on my wort chiller so I had this real good bristle brush that would get in there and make it short work. Now I'll have to shop around for a new brush and write "HOMEBRE ONLY" on it and see if I can keep that one.

Yah this made me cringe and giggle a little. I'd expect most the poopers would fall out during the fermentation though. Lol. Good luck brewing poop-free brew from here on out.

haha I def LOL'ed and sorry to hear about the miscommunication. I do like your play on words with your beer being "crappy" lol

I have two scrubbers and they have writing on the handles

This Is For The Toilet
This Is For The Beer

The toilet one sits in a bucket on the floor just inside the garage door.
The beer one hangs on a pegboard above my workbench.

I'm eating a bowl of chili with a fried egg in it right now.

Glad I use a sponge for my wort chiller.

Hahaha! And just what do you think the wife uses to clean around the bottom of the crapper!?!?!

Sorry spareparts, but I had to laugh at this. Good luck going forward. :mug:

Back