Fermenting great... but, I didn't put any yeast in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrelsien

Reaction score
Okay so I was mid way through a boil on a Cream Ale kit when I realized that the kit didn't have the yeast packet. I called the store, they are giving me a whole new kit, but...

Whats really interesting is that the wort that I put into the carboy(about 2 days ago) is now fermenting? I didn't put any yeast in. Is this just bacteria or infection? Is alcohol being made?

mail

Divine intervention.

Sometimes God says "I can't believe that motherf****** piece of sh** LHBS ***ksucker forgot that poor ***tard's yeast. Guess I'll help him out."

JESUS ALE?? I did let the wort cool outside in the open air... who knows, if it continues I will sample and report back.

1. I think it will be drinkable.

2. Sounds like you have a good name for the beer "immaculate fermentation"

Might be drinkable, seems like you picked up some wild yeast! Let it ride, taste a sample in a few weeks, and decide if its any good....then sanitize the crap out of any equipment that touched the brew during the ferm/bottling process

And update when you sample!

Did you presanitize your fermenter? There could be old yeasties in there if your cleaning methods were rushed last brew.

Latest posts

Back