Multiple batch brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnutjr

Reaction score
Well I completed my first brew last weekend and the brewing bug has bit. With warmer climates coming soon Id like to get a bunch of batches done for summer until I can save up for a freezer conversion to brew in the summer. Just wondering if I am brewing 2 different batches would it be ideal to sanitize the mash tun before starting the 2nd mash? I will certainly clean the brew pot but I don't know if the tun would have time for any contamination when doing back to back brews.

Just dump the old grains out of the mash tun and put the strike water and fresh grains in. Clean it up when your second batch is done.

Well I completed my first brew last weekend and the brewing bug has bit. With warmer climates coming soon Id like to get a bunch of batches done for summer until I can save up for a freezer conversion to brew in the summer. Just wondering if I am brewing 2 different batches would it be ideal to sanitize the mash tun before starting the 2nd mash? I will certainly clean the brew pot but I don't know if the tun would have time for any contamination when doing back to back brews.

Doesn't matter. If the mash tun had been contaminated the subsequent boil would remedy that. The ultimate sanitizer!

dont worry about sanitizing it, but definatly give it a rinse and backflush it, ive had a stuck mash before from doing a back to back brew and not cleaning the braid/ manifold.

Back