kegerator faucet problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a dual faucet setup on my kegerator and find that over a few days time (of not using after having poured beer from them) they are both very difficult to pull open for dispensing. I know the beer is drying, casuing the inner plunger to stick. After a little force they break free, but man does it feel like I am going to bend something........does anyone experience this same stuff or is there something I am doing wrong to cause this?:confused:

Thanks
Joe

are you using generic chrome faucets? I've never used them myself, but when I built my kegerator I was warned by several people that they tend to gum up and stick, so I spent the money to buy nicer faucets.

Then again... I never go two days between pours, so that might have something to do with it. :D

I keep a spray bottle of water/sanitizer mix handy. When I'm done pouring brews for the evening, I will spay the sanitizer mix up the faucet. This will rinse out the faucet and help prevent the sticking.

Mike.

That's a common problem with regular chrome faucets. You really only have 2 options to fix this: (1) clean the faucets after every drinking session, or (2) upgrade to Perlick forward sealing faucets.

I'd definitely get the Perlicks. They are a little pricy for a faucet but having no sticking issues is well worth the money IMHO.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewi...beer-faucets/perlick-forward-seal-faucet.html

You should be able to find them around $10 cheaper if you shop around/search HBT for links.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had the same problem and just found this thread. I'm going to have to upgrade my 6-tap kegorator to Perlicks for sure.

Back