DIY Network HB Show 2/18 8:00 ET

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antsp1

Reaction score
The DIY network is airing an episode of the program Yard Crashers. Tonight's topic is Building a Backyard Brewery.

It airs at 8 PM ET.

Linkage

Nice hopefuLly I can get off work in time to catch the
7 showing if not ill have to catch the late showing

all set and ready to record, thanks for the heads up.

It will be interesting to see everyone's comments tomorrow after watching this.

I thank you for the heads up and the DIY network especially thanks you for reminding at least a portion of the world that it exists. :)

This'll be my first time ever intentionally tuning into that channel.

THANKS! I read this thread at 8:02. Just caught the episode. I actually enjoy that show and am always jealous since my yard could use some help. Now I am totally jealous!!

Thanks again for the heads up!!

Dunno if I'm a fan of the jet burner fireplace/fryerplace though...
It did look a bit silly - kind of a waste of a nice fireplace. But, it was one hell of a burner though...

Did anybody see if they poured anything over the beer caps, or just caulked them on? I saw that they poured the resin over the coasters/pictures, but was sure about the beer caps.

Ok, that guy has GOT to be an HBTer. Don't cha think.

Brody? You here?

It would kill me to see all of my hard earned beer storage turned into seating although I was wondering why he would need so many sanke kegs. Are they homebrew fillable?

Loved the burner! Too bad it was not intended at all for the guy's brewing setup. If I were him I'd be cannibalizing the silly useless grill thing for my brew stand.

I rewound the end and showed SWMBO the before pictures so she could see I'm not that obsessed, and I don't have too many kegs. :)

I really liked most of what they did. I would have preferred a fire pit instead of a burner though.

Well,

I just went through all 276 posts of the sticky Brew Rig Thread.
There are a couple of erector set rigs that could be him. No definitive shots though....

Gotta give Brody credit though... nice rig, nice brew room, tons of kegs for beer storage...... and a yard crashers makover? I am totally jealous.

If he is not on here, somebody should try to find out how to contact him and bring him into the fold :rockin:

Ok, so the back yard makeover was not geared toward the brewing of beer, but toward the whole appeal toward the theme of beer. I still wouldn't mind this but his gear was not upgraded in any way.

P.S. the SWMBO was watching, so she knows that I am not that obsessed.

P.S.S Just racked my Raspberry porter to the keg tonight :)

I dind't figure that they would be upgrading his brew equipment, but rather do basically what they did.. design a backyard space for his wife that was themed around his hobby.

I agree that the burner could have been used for a better purpose though. And, they should have built him a nice outdoor kegarator instead of the jockey box.;)

I dind't figure that they would be upgrading his brew equipment, but rather do basically what they did.. design a backyard space for his wife that was themed around his hobby.

I agree that the burner could have been used for a better purpose though. And, they should have built him a nice outdoor kegarator instead of the jockey box.;)

They did give him a two tap kegerator. The glossed over the fact and you only see it in one of the final shots. The "jockey box" was actually just an ice chest for storing ice.

They did give him a two tap kegerator. The glossed over the fact and you only see it in one of the final shots. The "jockey box" was actually just an ice chest for storing ice.

I'm pretty sure that jockey box was the standard beer cooling with coils and ice. It didn't seem like they did any electrical run to the bar for cooling because they would have had to have that inspected. Since they showed the inspector for the gas I would assume they would show the inspector for electrical as well.

Still, watched it with my wife and 5yo son and he was all for doing that in our back yard. :D

I most enjoyed seeing all his brewing stuff, he has a ton! I wouldn't let those landscaping hack in my back yard.

The SWMBO was smokin hot.

I wish they'd have taken a few minutes to let him explain homebrewing basics. Would have been a great opportunity to win over some converts.

The SWMBO was smokin hot.

Back