different beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delweaver

Reaction score
I have a domestic beer on tap right now, when i want to put one of my homebrews on tap how do I get an accurate reading from my distributor if the two beers on tap require different pressures, when I am using one regulator and one tank.

If you have one regulator, you cannot run the two different beers at two different pressures. You'll need another regulator for that.

Yup, until you have more regulators you'll have to compromise. Find out what the normal serving carbonation is for each beer and then pick something in the middle if you can.

You mean I will have my primary regulator and then run my air line into a secondary regulator from a splitter correct

Usually where your high pressure gauge connects to the regulator body, you can add a "secondary regulator" which is basically another regulator that will allow you to control an outlet at a different pressure. The whole concept is stackable, so you theoretically could have as many regs connected together as you want(space limiting), and then your high pressure gauge will go on the end. If you search around, you will see some pictures of this.

I run 2 kegs off one regulator and usually keep them at about 12psi. I not too big on huge amounts of carbonation and like it somewhere in between.

Back