Randalizer - (Randall)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iarobertson

Erebus and Terror
Reaction score
I am very interested in building a randalizer for a number of uses I think would be well worth it. Reasons:

1. Everytime I dry hop, I could run it through to remove the pellet particles and/or add more hops

2. I could run stout through coffee beans
3. Set the randalizer on a keg transfer line, to filter sediment out
4. It will look awesome on the inside of my kegerator
5. I want to make it

image010.jpg

Has anyone on here made one before? I have found one website online with the information and I am looking for any insight that I might find.

http://webpages.charter.net/jim.yeager/Beer%20Writeups/Making%20Your%20Own%20Randalizer.htm

I would just put a quick connect or more likely a swivel barb so that I could attach it to either: Picnic tap, tower line, liquid into another keg, direct to mouth...

That design is very simple to make. The only part that takes a little effort is the pipe in the middle.

I'll second the quick-disconnect.

Have mine sitting in the garage... One of the club members whipped it up at a communal brewday... Ran Orfy's Hobgoblin clone through it with some Northern Brewer.... Interesting... Also ran some British Mild through it with Fuggles (FYI - Tasted like a hayfield smelled) at the Music City Brewoff... Never thought of using it for the filter portion... Good idea... Also figured it would be good to run a hefewiezen through some oranges, maybe a stout through some dark cherries, etc etc etc...

As for the center pipes, we did a double pipe system... I think it is just a piece of vinyl tubing in the center with a drilled Sanke dip tube for the outer tube...

It could even do a double duty where you run beer through hops (or whatnot) into a secondary keg.

Where did you buy the actual filter body? I figured Lowe's would carry them but they don't seem to.

Very strange, Lowe's has lots of filter cartridges, but not filter units anymore.

Home Despot has them.

Home Depot, Wal Mart, various hardware stores, etc etc etc.... I thought Lowes had them as well...

One of the club members had brought it over and we ended up converting it...

I made a mini version. This was my prototype...now made with stainless fittings. the center is 1.25 inch tubing..holds about 2 oz of wet hops.

i wanted to do a filter but space and the amount of hops drove me away. works well for my use. it is inline on my picnic tap.

IMG001962.jpg

I read (I believe on DFH) that the hops can stay fresh for a few weeks.

Walmart sells them? Must not be my Walmart, or I don't know where to look. I'm about to just buy it online.

Back