I hate FedEx

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Well, if these bastards screw my brewing plans this weekend, I'm going to stab them. I'm on the phone with customer service right now. Supposedly they delivered my grain and WLP099 several hours ago. Only problem is, they didn't. So where did the halfwit drop it off at, and why did they accept it, and why does it say "signature on file"? This is unbelievable. Last time I had something shipped fedex, they took 5 days longer than promised because they couldn't find my house. I live in the middle of town. They deliver there all the time, as does UPS. Mapquest is only a click away. But no.

And now this.

I swear, someone's gonna pay. :mad:

I know what you mean...I don't like FedEx....only UPS and USPS, DHL rocks my socks too

I wish online companies would give you the option to use UPS or fedex or DHL. Unfortunately, MidWest has the best cost on maris otter. But if this is the price I have to pay, I may take my business elsewhere.

They're trying to get the driver on the cellphone now...

as mad as you are, I'd be more worried about crabs.....but then again, I understand the brewing addiction, so I've realized I'm just feeding you some bull**** lines....get enraged, unleash your primal power!

On the other hand, UPS almost gave me a gas-powered hydraulic log-splitter for free. If the dogs hadn't gotten excited, he would have unloaded it & scooted. Right address, wrong street. Must admit, my street isn't labeled, the other guy doesn't have his house marked & the e-maps are wrong a lot in this area.

Hope you find it soon.

Goddamn right. I was slated to be boiling my starter wort right about now. Instead I'm sitting at my office waiting for a phone call from these half-wits. They said it wasn't our normal carrier, it was some new contractor. F*cking FABULOUS. I don't care if they have to go drag the idiot around town by his earlobe, they need to find my sh*t tonight. If not, someone's gonna pay.

Fedup.jpg

So I got tired of waiting for the callback from the regional manager, so I went home. As I pull in my driveway, she calls and says that the driver is 99% sure that it got grouped in with a large shipment to the Johnson Controls guys downstairs. I trek back to the office and, luckily, there's someone still at JC at 6pm. Lo and behold, there it is, in their big stack. So, I have it now. But I don't think I'm going to use fedex again if I can help it. Anyway, here's my 2L starter with the WLP099 just pitched (the vial actually wasn't warm, despite the 96f temps here), and my sack of MO. So I'm satisfied. And no, that's not krausen...I just spent the last ten minutes shaking the hell out of it. Between that and the extra yeast nutrient, I think it's a good start.

4914-Starter-MO.JPG

Nothing is more frustrating than having shipping or order problems. I planned long and hard for my first order from morebeer.com only for it to arrive missing 2 of three Carboys. I instantly called them and they said they would ship them off along with the 2 oz of Cascade hops they forgot. Well... A week later and I still don't have the track number for it. I figure they just forgot to post it on their site. Nope, it finally posted and did not get shipped until 1 week after they called! Their excuse, they were "out of cascade hops."

Yeah, needless to say I wasn't very happy and won't ever order from then again.

Long story to say that I understand your frustration, but it's all good now and good luck with your beast of a brew. ;)

I hate all shipping services. Id say a good 75% of the time, something gets screwed up. You pay for something, and then they hold it for ransom. Nothing pisses me off more than that.

Im sorry to say, but they are all bad. UPS=Brown Stain. FedEx=I dont have an equally good title.

I'm not a Fedex fan either, they screw up my friend's IT hardware shipments all the time and try like hell to pass the responsibilty off on someone else so they don't have to honor their insured delivery guarentee.

Don't worry Evan, that's why I shipped your brews UPS:mug:

glad you got your stuff man, I have a big brew window coming up next week, I can't freaking wait!

So basically I'm saying I feel for you having to wait so long....and where is your stirplate? I'm disappointed! ;)

SoCalBrewing said:
I hate all shipping services. Id say a good 75% of the time, something gets screwed up. You pay for something, and then they hold it for ransom. Nothing pisses me off more than that.

Im sorry to say, but they are all bad. UPS=Brown Stain. FedEx=I dont have an equally good title.

I can't remember the last time I had a problem with UPS, honestly. I use them almost exclusively, and they never miss a shipment or deliver to the wrong place. The worst problem I've had with them is when my mom ordered a Dell, and they required a signature for it, but she wasn't there during the day because, you know, she has a job like everyone else, and UPS doesn't have the little door tags that you can sign and leave for them in place of a live signature. But other than that...nary a problem. Of course, now that I say that...;)

98EXL said:
glad you got your stuff man, I have a big brew window coming up next week, I can't freaking wait!

So basically I'm saying I feel for you having to wait so long....and where is your stirplate? I'm disappointed! ;)

Bah...we don' need no steenkink stirplates!

At 100 bones+, I've got way too much other stuff higher up on my wishlist before I get to that. My starters do just fine without it. Though, since you're so concerned...if you wanted to donate one to me, I'd gladly accept :D

Evan! said:
Bah...we don' need no steenkink stirplates!

At 100 bones+, I've got way too much other stuff higher up on my wishlist before I get to that. My starters do just fine without it. Though, since you're so concerned...if you wanted to donate one to me, I'd gladly accept :D

I spent less than $10 on mine...and I've figured out how I'm going to make an additional 'add-on' port to have the main stirplate control a secondary stir plate

98EXL said:
I spent less than $10 on mine...and I've figured out how I'm going to make an additional 'add-on' port to have the main stirplate control a secondary stir plate

Well, by all means, don't hold out on me, Old Man! How exactly do I get myself one of these <$10 stir plates? Or is this one of those "it costs less than ten dollars provided you're an electrical engineer and have all the tools and knowledge to build electrical equipment from scratch" kind of deals? If that's the case, how much would you charge me for one?

Evan! said:
Well, by all means, don't hold out on me, Old Man! How exactly do I get myself one of these <$10 stir plates? Or is this one of those "it costs less than ten dollars provided you're an electrical engineer and have all the tools and knowledge to build electrical equipment from scratch" kind of deals? If that's the case, how much would you charge me for one?

I just looked around my IT junk area....found some stuff. I bought a project box, and a stir rod...that was it. They aren't hard to build really, you should do it yourself, really, it's not hard. If you'd like me to mail you the rare earth magnets, I could do that, we have HDD's out the wazoo!

But I think you should make your own, much better that way. I built mine kinda crazy....It's in proto-type mode now, but works!

I have pics at home, I'll bring them back after lunch break and show you the ghettoness, but how much yeast I've gotten out of it in a week. I'll probably make it pretty this week, I need to dig up some LED's, and switches, and bust out the Dremel

Give me your $0.02 here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=35844

here is my ghetto stir plate. It's only ghetto because I haven't put it all together:

1051862647_384655f929.jpg

and splitting a bit off the starter to save for later:

1052723888_567ff13461.jpg

Yeah, I really don't have the know-how to build something like that. Might not be hard for you, but...I don't have any electrical component skills whatsoever. I can wire a house, but that's not the same thing.

the only thing 'wiring' I've done is cut off the wall wort plug, and wire it right into a molex connector for the fan controller. 2 mins worth of work

oh, right, the molex connector. Is that to the left or the right of the flux capacitor? :D

I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe if I had a step-by-step tutorial w/ illustrations...

Evan! said:
oh, right, the molex connector. Is that to the left or the right of the flux capacitor? :D

I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe if I had a step-by-step tutorial w/ illustrations...

If you wipe my ass in the warm toilet seat thread, I'll see what I can do :D

Fed Ex sucks! I'm waiting at work for my TV to be delivered at home, the delivery requires a signature. I called and asked if they would call me 30 min before they deliver it. Of course, no phone call so I miss the delivery. I call them back and reschedule a 2nd delivery. This time, the dispatcher calls me at 12:32 to say it would be here in 30 minutes. I check the tracking site and it says, 2nd attempt, 12:31. She called me AFTER they tried to deliver a 2nd time. So I call them again and they said they will try to deliver it a 3rd time and would call first or I'd have to go and pick it up after 4:00. So I came home and so far...nothing. Damn you Fed Ex!!!!

Our FedEx delivery guy is cool, but as a company I don't really prefer them

FedEx delivered this thread back in August '07....

Anywho, I don't have any beef with FedEx nor UPS. Even the Post Office is generally good, save for the more recent dingbat working there that forgets to put pickup slips in the box. :rolleyes:

DHL, on the other hand, is a worthless POS. I had a digital camera coming back to me from being repaired and Kodak(I got a story about them too) sent it DHL, which I didn't want. I got email notification with tracking the day Kodak sent it back. After about 5 days, I check and it's sitting in the local DHL office. I check the next day, and it says it's out for delivery. By that evening, nothing came. I check the next day and it says delivery was attempted and won't be attempted again! I was home all that day and those A-holes never even stopped here! I call that local office and they already sent it back to the main distribution hub! I had to call the distribution center and they told me the local branch tagged the address as wrong and undeliverable. I had the guy read it to me and it was in fact correct. Once sorted out, he sent it back to the local office who then told me I had to come pick it up when they unloaded the truck. Furthermore, it took two hours of me waiting there on a Saturday to get my camera back. :mad:

You want to know why they didn't deliver to my correct address, the one on the box, the one that FedEx and UPS have been getting right for 25+ years? It's because DHL didn't want to send their driver 30 miles away to deliver a little parcel that was the only one for that area. Not ineptitude, not miscommunication, but laziness and greed.

Even my last employer quit using DHL because they just sucked that bad. Same with Airborne Express who was bought out by DHL. My employer was right in a major industrial area and got daily UPS/FedEx deliveries, too.

Maybe it comes down to the idividual regional offices and the people running them, but I hear more reliability and customer service complaints about DHL than I do the other three.

Ugh....I ordered my new draft tower today and the only options were Fed Ex.....

Back