Woohoo! Almost there!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracked1

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I brewed my first ever batch. It was a Brewcraft "Northern English Brown Ale" kit. Brew day went smoothly and the OG was dead on to what the kit said it should be (1.048). I'm probably going to bottle tomorrow and when I took a sample today the FG was, again, dead on to what the "Anticipated FG" should be acording to the kit (1.012). Took a sip... flat Newcastle-ish with a little more pronounced hops flavor. So far I would call that a success! Next up? Perhaps a partial mash IPA? Time to go recipe searching...

Thank you all for the great info I've found all over these forums!

That was my first ever kit too. It turned out so awesome! It didnt last long at all. My wife even traded two bottles to the neighbors for a stick of butter when she wanted to bake some cookies. Since I had just bought my equipment kit and recipe kit, i averaged out the cost and I was like "You just traded off $9 worth of beer for a stick of butter!!!" Don't get me wrong the cookies were good, but not as good as that beer!

You can save on buying yeast by pitching your next batch on the cake.

I hadn't thought of that before. I'll have to try it on another batch sometime in the future. Right now my SWMBO is screaming for a batch of cider. Then again, maybe that's a perfect reason to convince her I "need" more equipment! ;)

"You just traded off $9 worth of beer for a stick of butter!!!" Don't get me wrong the cookies were good, but not as good as that beer!

lol... Those would have to be some AWESOME cookies to make the trade worth it. I see you're an Idahoan. Where are you? I'm in the Nampa area but I work down the street from Brewer's Haven in Boise.

lol... Those would have to be some AWESOME cookies to make the trade worth it. I see you're an Idahoan. Where are you? I'm in the Nampa area but I work down the street from Brewer's Haven in Boise.

Yeah I live in Emmett, but work in Boise. Funny I didnt even notice you were from Idaho at first. Rich and Joe who own brewers haven are friends of mine, so I prefer to do all my shopping there.

Back