Lets Discuss Hopslam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomelessWook

Reaction score
Picked up my first 6 pack today. 20.99 for a sixer.

first impression:
EXPENSIVE!

second impression:
Smells like it leaked out of God's ass

third impression:
nice sweet flavor that helps enhance the hoppy flavor

ME LIKEY

aw man, so i have absolutly nothing to do today and 3 hopslams left

i just woke up though and i always feel guilty cracking a beer within the first 30mins or an hour of being up - i feel like those old guys you see at the apple bees bar at 11 30 am on a sunday morning.

would this be bad of me?

Bell's

I need to pick up some of this. Unfortunately being in college without an income it comes in a bit too costly for me at the time being.

i dont know where you go to school and how tough your major/schedule is this semester but i am still in school too and manage to deliver pizza a few days a week to make that extra money for things like beer and other unmentionables.

maybe that is somethign you might want to look into

nothing easier then delivering pizza to your peers - most of the time they will invite you to 'get blazed' or have a shot - on top of tipping you

I LOOOOVVVEEEE Hopslam! But hate the price. $17.99 plus tax on a sixer?!!??! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SH*TTING ME! Last year it was so much cheaper, like $14.99, and I remember the year before it was cheaper than that. What gives?! I refuse to pay for that, it's outragous.

I LOOOOVVVEEEE Hopslam! But hate the price. $17.99 plus tax on a sixer?!!??! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SH*TTING ME! Last year it was so much cheaper, like $14.99, and I remember the year before it was cheaper than that. What gives?! I refuse to pay for that, it's outragous.

That works out to $3.00 per beer. Do you also refuse to pay more than $3.00 per drink at the bar or stadium?

I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's damn good beer and to me it's worth it to pick some up for the month that it's available.

Had a glass of it on Saturday at a Beer Festival in Grand Rapids. Hadn't had it in a long time and did not want to be disappointed..

OMG! Better than I remember. Certainly a special beer and not one to pound down. I saved it for nearly last because I knew that once I had a taste, I would not want anything else. (or might not be able to taste anything else!)

Last year I saw it for sale for around $16 a 6er. That was at a grocery store near my in-law's house.

Anyway, I think this may be the beer with the most hop flavor and aroma. Perfectly balanced with the malt sweetness IMO.

at 3 bucks for 12 oz, and a heavenly taste and an ABV at about 10% - its one of the best deals going

i cant get them close by, but alwasy look for them when i travel. The first time, I never checked the ABV - got home after a long day on the road with no food and had a couple while I made dinner - went to my head fast, and saved the rest for later

Anything over $10 a sixer, I now BREW.

Seriously.

I will drop 7.75 for a 22 of something fantastic, then I clone it if me LIKEE.

Anything over $10 a sixer, I now BREW.

Seriously.

I will drop 7.75 for a 22 of something fantastic, then I clone it if me LIKEE.

I agree, but so far I have not nailed down the 2-hearted clone yet. I'd love to find a recipe that clones Hopslam!, but I haven't found one that is reported to be close.

I've seen a beer at the beer store that was $12 a bottle (12oz) and forget that. I'm not that curious.

ola dubh - its a stout aged in whisky casks - anywhere from 12 to 20 bucks for a 12 oz and worth every penny IMO. I've broken down and gotten two in the last year or so, and its one to be savored.

back to hopslam - I'm headed to OH this weekend and will most definitely be getting me some, as well as THAs and hopefully Brew's will have the weaselboy black IPA on tap

My buddy picked up a 6 pack and brought it over last night and its very enjoyable. he said it was 15.99 a 6pack. the clerk told him he got a case of it and thats all he was getting they had 1 6 pack left i may go pick it up

Well it could be a number of things such as hop prices increasing, some due to inflation, the fact that they know how freaking good it is and its worth that much.

aw man, so i have absolutly nothing to do today and 3 hopslams left

i just woke up though and i always feel guilty cracking a beer within the first 30mins or an hour of being up - i feel like those old guys you see at the apple bees bar at 11 30 am on a sunday morning.

would this be bad of me?

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

I think nothing of dropping $15-$20 on a 750ml bottle of wine. Have one, appreciate it and if you're still thirsty, drink something else.

hopslam is great. last year me and my buddies picked up a case, and killed it in a night.

the BEST though, is hopslam on draft. mmmmm. only seen in at one place ever, that was in newport kentucky, i think it's called the steincellar, it's next to hooters, across from the hofbra haus.

hopslam is great. last year me and my buddies picked up a case, and killed it in a night.

the BEST though, is hopslam on draft. mmmmm. only seen in at one place ever, that was in newport kentucky, i think it's called the steincellar, it's next to hooters, across from the hofbra haus.

+1 on the draft thing. Had it a few times this year at La Cave Du VIn...soooo tasty!

It's even better from a beer engine. One of the local bars gets a few kegs a year and manages to get one cask conditioned. I was there a couple of nights ago and had it on draft again - tasty as usual.

:mug:

hopslam.jpg

It's my birthday on Friday and I'm split between getting a single bottle for free (possibly) or going half's on a a sixer for $8.50 each..

It's my birthday on Friday and I'm split between getting a single bottle for free (possibly) or going half's on a a sixer for $8.50 each..

I say go with the $8.50 and keep those at home. Then go out to your favorite brewery and drink there. Be sure to mention it's your birthday and you might get a free pint.

I say go with the $8.50 and keep those at home. Then go out to your favorite brewery and drink there. Be sure to mention it's your birthday and you might get a free pint.

I'm a college student and recently had all my money stolen from me so I don't have any to spare

Guess she was trouble after all, huh?
:off:
I see her stumbling around campus, hopped up on some kind of drugs quite often. I confronted her about the not calling me back and told her I drank the beer already so she missed out. She said that was too bad and then proceeded to ask me to borrow money for food. I said "**** that ****" and she walked off. /end

Well, It's my birthday in 30 minutes or so. Guess I'm going with a single bottle. I'm going to give my buddy a 40 of homebrew oatmeal stout for 1 bottle of hopslam. Seems like a decent trade to me, lol.

Back