What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 gallons of Cabernet Franc in secondary and 6 gallons of Malbec in primary.. the keezer is full so I don't have any beer action happening.. maybe some cider soon.

Currently fermenting a Blackberry Basil Wheat in preparation for AZ heat… first time I have ever put basil in one of my brews so it should be interesting lol.:mug:

I have five gallons of an American Wheat with zest and juice from four oranges and late additions of Sorachi and five gallons of Flanders Red using ECY02.
Finally building a pipeline!

1 gallon apfelwein, 1 gallon rum runner stout and 2 gallons of a Mr. Beer kit I doctored with extra malt, some steeping grains and homegrown hops. Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

10 gallons of Crocodile Ale - it's a pale ale with Maris Otter and Mosaic.

Almost a SMaSH but used Nugget for bittering and added some Carapils.

7 days into primary right now - checking gravity this evening. I expect FG of 1.011. 3 more days, then dry hop with even more Mosaic. 5 days with the dry hops, then cold crash for a day, then adding gelatin for clearing.

Can't wait for this one - my buddy Lyle thought it up and I designed the recipe. We're splitting this batch.

:mug:

I just cooked up 5 gallons of American Pale Ale today with Cascade all the way. We'll see how that compares to the previous batch with Northern Brewer bittering hops.

my signature tells y'all what's in the pipe. all i can say (***** about) is that i dont have enough space to brew more!
was going to do a tank 7 clone today, but realized i dont even have a carboy to put it into.
NEED MOAR ROOME!
other than that, things are going fine. just kicked a rye pale and an oaked brown. keg sitch is good. maybe i'll get another carboy tomorrow.

Right now:

1 1/2 gallons of Smash with Marris Otter and Summit hops
5 gallons of cream of three crops ale (thanks BM)
5 gallons of BM's Sacred Summit but renamed to Magnum Forced since neither LHBS carries Summit hops, which I found out after mixing all the grains and then looking for the hops.:eek:
Magnum was the alternative suggested by the owner of the LHBS.

5 gallons of a Summer Ale
Grains of paradise and lemon zest. Used Notthingham yeast with 5# Pilsen Malt, 3.5# white wheat, 1# flaked wheat with .5 oz carapils. 1.5 oz Hallertau for 60 and 1 oz of the same for 5 min.

5 gallons of a Belgian IPA
7.5# Pilsen Malt, 4.75# pale malt, 1# sugar, .5oz aromatic malt. .5 oz Columbus hops for 60 .75 oz Centennial for 45, 1.5 oz Cascade for 15, 1 oz Saaz for 5 min. Dry hop with 1 oz of Saaz leaf and 1 oz Cascade leaf for 7 days. Wyeast 3522 Belgian Ardennes

5 Gallons of Mosaic Pale Ale
12# 2 Row
.25 oz Cascade for 60
1 oz Mosaic for 20
.25 oz Cascade for 15
.5 oz Mosaic for 10
.5 oz Mosaic for 5
Wyeast 1056

Citra Pale Ale on Gas ready on 4-15
Mosaic Pale Ale in the keg and drinking
Glacier Pale Ale in bottles
Belgian Wit with Coriander and Bitter Orange Peel in bottles
Oak Aged IPA bottled

Not quite six gallons of NB Plinian Legacy now that it is in secondary and five-ish gallons of NB Honey Wheat for a friend's birthday in secondary today as well. Nothing in primary and probably won't be for a week or two simply because we are out of space in the overflow (spare tub) chamber.

(10 gallons blonde just moved into kegs)
10 gallons porter
13 gallons of apfelwine (just moved 5 into a keg)
10 gallons IPA
10 gallons of Brown
1/2 gallon rice wine in a jar on my counter... does that count?

5.5 gallons of a sour peach saison
5.5 gallons of Hoppy Scotch scotch oak aged ipa
5.5 gallons of Summertime Whea-PA (Should be ~3.4%)

I've got a T-58 sulfur bomb in one, a sweet stout in another, and mashing an ESB right now that will be moving into a fermenter later this evening.

5 gallons of a pimped out muntons with steeping grains and lactose. Was to broke for a full kit so I just bought a can off amazon to get something in ferm. More ingredients will be bought Friday with this paycheck. 2 more 5 gallon batches going in this weekend

Brothers in arms ... 2 1/2 gallons of English Pale Ale and 2 1/2 gallons of Irish Stout.

Pale is looking great! I can see the entire sediment on the bottom. Haven't had one this clean without cold crashing/gelatining it.

paleale2.jpg

Paleale1.jpg

Got 5.5 gallons of IPA, i'm dry hopping today. Amarillo, Warrior, Chinook, Cascade, and Citra. It already smells and tastes unbelievable. Dry Hopping it will bring it up to 11!

English brown in the bucket, German Alt and oak chips in the carboy. Also, a strawberry wine in the bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Lol what yeast did you use? Mine smelled a little bad too but it eventually went away

I use the Montrachet Wine Yeast he recommended, bought a 10pk for cheap and have worked through 4 already. Yes, always the sulfur smell for the first week or so. I usually let it sit in the carboy for a good 6-8 weeks before bottling and then let it sit for another 4 months. Its a long process but if you keep making it eventually you're gold.
Much easier and quicker than a full-on brew day and delicious product, can't go wrong!:mug:

Got 5 gallons of a Hefe, just a 50/50 Wheat/Pilsner @ 62F following Jamil's advice...and another 5 gallons of a clone ive made of a local brewpub's(McMenamins) Ruby Ale which is one of its most popular...its basically just a pale beer with a bit of white wheat and a # of Raspberry puree..its damn tasty.

These are the last two beer's needed for my wedding in just over 2 weeks...so this weekend im going to Keg both so they have time to carb.
Will have 4 beers total, those two plus a Vanilla Porter and an IPA made entirely with my home grown hops(Columbus/Newport/Cascade) that came out pretty damn good...waiting to dry hop in the keg on that until a week before probably.

I use the Montrachet Wine Yeast he recommended, bought a 10pk for cheap and have worked through 4 already. Yes, always the sulfur smell for the first week or so. I usually let it sit in the carboy for a good 6-8 weeks before bottling and then let it sit for another 4 months. Its a long process but if you keep making it eventually you're gold.
Much easier and quicker than a full-on brew day and delicious product, can't go wrong!:mug:

Yeah I just cracked a bottle of my 3rd batch last week, used the redstar premier cuvee for this one. Think I like it better than the Montrachet actually

I'm feeling rich: I have two batches going, for the first time since I started brewing last year. One is Shipwrecked Saison. Love that recipe....

The other is a lawnmower saison for summer thirst quenching. It's about half the grain bill of the Shipwrecked, with no candi sugar. I'm hoping I didn't over-bitter it; I added 1 oz of Willamette at 60 minutes and 1 oz at 10 minutes. Ah well, I'm planning to dry hop it with Saaz anyway, so maybe any extra bitterness will blend in.

Back