Pick my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashz

Reaction score
So i just kicked a keg of Sly fox last night, and need some input. Everytime I go to this place I just stare at the list of kegs for like ten minutes and just pick one randomly. As you guess this technique is hit or miss at best. So I would like someone else to pick for me. Take a look at this link. And give me three choices. (sometimes they don't update the site quick enough) I don't care what style you choose, nor price. And please don't say a beer ball with cups. :) Thanks for the help. By the way trying to go this afternoon so would appreciate the suggestions.

1/6 Kegs In Stock | Exton Beverage Center

Bear Rep Hop Rod
North Coast Old Rasputin IS
Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA

You could also go with the DFH 90 min IPA. The 60 is pretty malty with great hop aroma and flavor. The 90 is sweet with an intense hop presence. The 90 is also pretty high in alcohol, so it's not very sessionable. None of my choices are really lightweights, though!

I'd love to have a few of those 1/6 bbl kegs for my own use! However, I doubt they'll be available/affordable for the homebrewer anytime soon.

Any other suggestions? I think I am going to steer clear of the DFH. I love the beer but I have it too often. Thanks for the suggestions though. North coast seems likely.

DFH is attractive to me because I never get it out here, and I do really like the 90. If I were on the east coast, I'd probably feel differently.

Others that look attractive at the moment include SN Celebration and Trois Pistoles.

Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre 1/6 keg- One of my favorites, though it's DFH.
Founders Breakfast St 1/6 keg - My local brewery, love everything they make, but this is the best.
Magic Hat #9 1/6 keg - Another one of my favorites
Founders Red Rye 1/6 keg - Good stuff here.

Bear Republic beers are great and the Speakeasy beers are very good too. A keg of Double Daddy though would be almost dangerous for me. :)

Holy cats! Why do you even have to ask?!? They have Michelob Ultra! :D

If it were me, I'd probably either go with DFH 60 or 90, or continue the way your going. There's something to be said for trying a new beer every time you to in. But since you're buying kegs, if you get one you don't like you're stuck with a lot of beer.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Unfortunately by the time I left only Yuri's post was here. So keeping in the spirit of the thread I asked for the Bear Republic. They were out of both. :( Told you that happens. Went for the Racer 5 and the hop rod only to be told both were out.

I didn't think Old Ras would go well with the weather. :) So I got Avery Reverend. Clearly not a session beer but good nonetheless. 100 bucks, but who's counting.

And I didn't see the Trois Pistoles until they brought out the Rev. :( Oh well there is always next time.

I can handle a #9 every now and again but wouldn't have a keg of it.

You guys really love the DFH huh? Guess I have been spoiled living in the mid-atlantic for about 10 years. Got to try the 90 minute through a hopback at matchbook in DC in like 2002 or so. Was a hoppiest beer comp going on there. Had a Slipknot show afterwards. Needless to say it was a long cab ride to MD that night.

Thanks again for the input. Maybe I will make this a regular thing when I kick a keg. I think it would be cool to drink something someone else suggests.

Latest posts

Back