Brew Room to Bar (here is my build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waunabeer

Reaction score
Since the day I started brewing 15 months ago til now I have been constantly improving my brewing system from the point of where and how it's brewed to how it is served and drank.

My brew room has been complete for a few months now; just some minor tweaks here and there until I decide to go electric (stay tuned).

The basement is something that I've been working on for the past 12 months and the design and layout of it had much to do with the serving of the beer and entertainment side of things.

Well, here it all is in all its glory: From Brew to Bar :mug:

The Brew:

2011-11-08 09.12.13.jpg

2011-11-08 09.12.47.jpg

2011-11-08 09.12.25.jpg

WHat a nice looking place to spend a few hours drinking beer in. Good job! I like the "serve yourself" idea rather than have things hidden behind a bar. Saves you from doing "work", and frees up much-needed space.

Solid stuff.

Damn that is nice. I would love to have a place like that to brew and drink while watching a game. Nice work.

Thanks guys. To the right of the bar is where the theater room is; it's dark in there so the picture quality is poor, but you get the idea.

2011-11-08 09.14.59.jpg

2011-11-08 09.14.22.jpg

2011-11-08 09.14.48.jpg

2011-11-08 09.16.01.jpg

Nice kegerator. I have been thinking about one of those for my build. I worry those big commercial units are too loud for a home bar setting. What has been your experience? Thanks!

Nice job. We have a finished basement with a full bath, but no place to really build a kitchen/bar area. The walk-up self service bar is what I was envisioning for our space. Did you build that or is it one of those refrigerated units?

I'll be taking out a wall to make one large room and move my office to a different room in the basement. We also have a home theater in our basement and it is in a dedicated room. I have enough $$ invested in that one room to buy a really nice car and now I wish I had built it as part of a larger entertainment area. But that can't really be undone now.

Nice kegerator. I have been thinking about one of those for my build. I worry those big commercial units are too loud for a home bar setting. What has been your experience? Thanks!

They are a little noisy when the compressor kicks on, but not that bad. I decided to go that route because by the time I spent a lot of money on cabinets/counter tops and then purchased a kegerator to go under it, I could have purchased all the components for my theater room (which I did). The nice thing about these is it's a walk-up bar and kegerator in one.

Nice job. We have a finished basement with a full bath, but no place to really build a kitchen/bar area. The walk-up self service bar is what I was envisioning for our space. Did you build that or is it one of those refrigerated units?

It is a Perlick commercial refrigerator. I would rather have a nice full size bar, but the basement layout (with stairs in the middle) wouldn't allow it. Maybe the next house.

A nice, full-size bar is a great thing, but I really like your set up! It's neat and inviting.

One suggestion: you need a 72" plasma in the theatre room. :rockin:

A nice, full-size bar is a great thing, but I really like your set up! It's neat and inviting.

One suggestion: you need a 72" plasma in the theatre room. :rockin:

I was considering going real big on the tv, but a Best Buy rep. came out and didn't recommend one that big vs. the size of the room and I think she was right. Much bigger and you would feel like you're in the front row at the theater. :) So I went with the Samsung 55" LED Smart tv and love it. That and the Dolby 7.1 I put in would make George Lucas cream :) Avatar is absolutely awesome on this setup.

That GnR pinball machine is my biggest incentive to finishing my basement. It will be the first purchase when everything else is complete. Very jealous. Going to see them this Tuesday.

I was considering going real big on the tv, but a Best Buy rep. came out and didn't recommend one that big vs. the size of the room and I think she was right. Much bigger and you would feel like you're in the front row at the theater. :) So I went with the Samsung 55" LED Smart tv and love it. That and the Dolby 7.1 I put in would make George Lucas cream :) Avatar is absolutely awesome on this setup.

I know this is :off: but I have the Samsung 55" LED in my family room and it is great. I just may go with another for above the fireplace in my basement as a finishing touch. Great work on your basement.....mine is getting there. :mug:

That is awesome and the sink in the brewing area really makes me jealous. But really, Footloose?

LOL. When we were having our theater built, another guy I knew from a forum was finishing his. He built a really nice candy counter and had some illuminated scenes from Dirty Dancing. He should have at least put a picture of Baby in a corner :)

This is what we have going into our theater:
DSC_0698.jpg

Out Ticket Window in the hallway:
DSC_0626.jpg

But seriously, I do like the way the OP was able to design his bar. I'm going to do the same because I just don't want to bust up the floor in order to put in a drain.

That is awesome and the sink in the brewing area really makes me jealous. But really, Footloose?

Hey, Footloose was so good they made it again :ban:

I've had most of those picture disks since I was in 6th or 7th grade. Someday they will be worth a lot of money (especially my Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 disks). :cross:

That GnR pinball machine is my biggest incentive to finishing my basement. It will be the first purchase when everything else is complete. Very jealous. Going to see them this Tuesday.

They're playing in chi-town area next week???? I didn't even know they are touring; I haven't seen them in concert since 1991. I'm jealous as hell :rockin:

Oh, and back when I bought the GnR pinball (2000) it was about $1,400; now I see them going for upwards of $4,000 on ebay. I guess it was a good investment.

Back