About to buy my kegging fridge... Glass door...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to buy a kegging fridge with a glass door to make it more "presentable" to get the SWMBO approval. The dimensions are 31"H x 16.5"W x 15.5"D. As far as I can tell, i should be able to get 2 cornies and a CO2 tank in there...

Anyone have issues with glass front kegerators?

Not sure why you'd particularly wanna see your cornies and co2 tank. They aren't the prettiest things in the world. Personally, I like having the "guts" hidden. Having a glass door on a kegerator seems to me a bit like having a see-through hood on your car.

I'd also guess that its insulatory properties aren't as good as a solid door.

Ya, I hear that, however at the same time, I'm going to install a light on the inside, and it's the cheapest/best fridge I've found on craigslist...

I also just saw this one at Home Depot, which would give me some more space...

Magic Chef

I have a glass front Pepsi fridge that I stored my kegs in when I first started kegging. The only problem I have had is in the summer when the compressor runs almost all the time to keep everything cool. Granted I keep it in the garage but still it works hard more than I would have liked. I know have a full size fridge for my kegs and it doesnt work near as hard. Of course it is cold in the garage now..

SD

As long as it is indoors I think it would be fine. If it is the same style as my glass front fridge. I believe these are made to stay in a stable enviroment so as long as the temp is fairly constant then you should not have much temp loss.

SD

If my kegs had as much chrome and anodized aluminum as the engine of my car, i'd take the damn door off completely....like I did the hood....

Dudes who do that are closely related in the *****ie genus to those nutsmokers who wear tight wife-beaters because they think I or anyone else gives a f*ck about their abs and pecs.

I hope you cornies look clean. If not i would get all the stickers and tape off them and sand them down a bit with fine sandpaper. At least that would make things prettier to look at.

There is a post on it... D@mn I'm lazy... Grinder and some sort of gator grit wheels from lowes... I should look that up, mine could use a shining.

"You've got the shinning!" -Grounds Keeper Willy

Back