hello from the willamette valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemicalcraig

Reaction score
hello all,
I've been home brewing for a little over a year so far and can't seem to stop. Even with the abundance of awesome beer in the NW I still love to make my own. Of course it helps to have a great LHS two blocks away, and another one within a 5 min bike ride.

Kilted Brewer said:
Another welcome from Portland. Where abouts are you?

I'm down in eugene as I'm a student. It's quiet here, but at least we have Ninkasi everywhere.

BierMuncher said:
Welcome aboard.

Tell us more bout your brews.

I've mainly brewed the basic ales: pale ale, ipa, iipa, esb, etc... I'd like to try to get proficient in a style and get the kinks worked out of a recipe, rather than trying a million different things and having them all be off. Being in the NW I usually hop it up a notch. I almost had an anxiety attack brewing an oatmeal stout with just a single bittering hop addition and a small one at knockout. My favorite so far has been the ESB, second place at the sasquatch brewfest here in eugene. I've got an IPA conditioning now and plan on brewing this weekend. Any suggestions, anyone?

Kilted Brewer said:
We finally have some Ninkasi up here....Haven't had a chance to try it yet though.

Its good stuff.

Welcome to HBT Chemicalcraig.

I haven't been down to Eugene since moving to Oregon. Last time I was there, it only had one or two breweries.

Latest posts

Back