You may have seen this. Pretty damn funny!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
132 and Bush........ARE YOU F@#$ing KIDDING ME!! This is why I went a different direction with my career.

cop was clueless.... Defiantly not a still. Can't blame him for his ignorance, but they guy arrested should have won in court.

concoction kill someone... I wanted to slap that *****! In fact it's offensive!

I wonder if after he was found not guilty he won a phat law suit against the city and or county.Well I guess he could been found guilty on the herb growing though.

It would have been nice to see the look on that Richard-Dreyfuss-lookin-******'s face when the boys back at the courthouse informed him that all he had was a minor mary charge, and the rest of that stuff was completely legal.

cubbies said:
Is growing 14 plants minor?

I guess it depends on where you are.

In any case, the funny part is that the *****ebags seemed more concerned about his homebrew equipment than the plants.

It would have been really funny if those were hops plants...

Then they would have only had him for the brass knuckles! hahaha

Well, at least he didnt' blind someone with his concoction! Thank God for informed police officers.

Hmmm.... I wonder if he was making Mary Jane's Pale Ale???

Homercidal said:
Well, at least he didnt' blind someone with his concoction! Thank God for informed police officers.

Hmmm.... I wonder if he was making Mary Jane's Pale Ale???

I hope that is made by dipping in a woman in it otherwise its a waste of weed. :fro:

"You can probably brew that stuff for a long time, and not hurt anybody. But the first time you brew it, you don't get your recipe exactly right, the concoction you make could at the very least blind somebody, and at worst case scenario could kill a person who's drinking it. The concoction he was making could be deadly. Sure didn't look good."

I remember when I accidentally put an extra pound of roasted barley in my stout, and it killed a man.

I bet the cop felt like a ****** after he found out it was just homebrew.

iamjonsharp said:
I bet the cop felt like a ****** after he found out it was just homebrew.

I'll bet he didn't...he's probably been a ****** his WHOLE life and he's "numb" to it now.:D

I'm gonna keep chuggin homebrew til I go blind!!!:tank: :rockin:

"The concoction he was making could be deadly. It sure didn't look good."

OMG! Was it infected?! Book 'im, Dan-o!

And we'll also tag on a charge of atrocious housekeeping and first degree clutter.

Rick_R said:
I doubt he worried much, 'cause I'd guess those plants weren't oregano.

Rick

The ********* is dumb enough that they could have been tomato plants. Who knows?

I had a similar experience once before w/ some small howitzers that I had in my back of my apartment. I was blowing them off on the 4th of July. The sound was echoing in the complex. Some dumb ass thought I was shooting at them.

These howitzers use calcium carbonate & water to make a flamable gas the explodes very loud but w/o force.

They're completely legal. It wasn't long before the cops where there and I was showing them what I had going on. At first they were not too nice. After they found it to be legal they left me alone. They said to give it a rest for awhile so the other residents wouldn't spaz!!!

http://www.bigbangcannons.com/

DAMN POT smoken home brewers at it again I feel safe THAT guy is off the streets.
FUKN dumb a$$ cops. Not that I am against the law but DAMN
JJ

Sea said:
What really sucks is, he may never see his euipment again, even though the "concoction" he was using it to make is perfectly legal.

They will give it back. I had a fire-arm confiscated and got it back. If they can't press charges they have to give it back.

I'd sue for harrassment if the plants where legal. I'd think about puttin' a sledge in the neighbor's head who called on me though!!!

They'd hear me say mind your own f'ing bizness!!! God forbid they step out of place just once.

My guess this guy didn't move into the best 'hood and they jumped the gun. Prolly played the barry manilow or the beach boys muzac too loud fer the old geezers. They saw a something strange and the cops just overeacted.

It kind of pisses me off though. Old Farts fergit how it is being young. They become less tolerant of noise and expect people to be in bed by 9 or 10PM.

:tank:

I think under 100 plants is minor for the most parts...that wort chiller sure looked dangerous...whats the most he could of done,,gotten someone a little drunk on his 15%abv monster IPA he had going lol..yeah like the brewing book in the background

Did washington have a medical marijuana law in 1992? I'd search for it, but I'm at work, and I'd really rather not they see my google trace for that in the logs....

The ********* is dumb enough that they could have been tomato plants. Who knows?

Could be; I had the below going (edit: assuming the images show up) a couple of years ago, which consisted of various vegetable plants to which I was giving a head start. I suppose I could have faced the same situation.

Rick

grd031106-01.jpg

grd0305-01tn.jpg

Aside from that one cop being so painfully stupid and the perp being at least somewhat guilty.....many people still think that moonshine can/will make you go blind. It's amazing how that idea started during prohibition and still exists 75 years later. It will only make you go blind if the moonshiner cuts it with something toxic like methanol.

Yeah, but it could still make you go really drunk!

This whole thing is not funny to me. Those may be pot plants, but they are too young for me to ID them. Perhaps the officer has more experience than I.

I'm still curious to see if he got busted for anything (other than the brass knuckles...)

Here is an exerpt from a newsgroups posting about this ep.

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 93 14:56:14 EST
Subject: COPs replies:

Soon after the COPS incident was discussed here, I sent a letter to the
local FOX station and the producers of COPS explaining that I thought
homebrewing had been misrepresented. Today, I received the following
reply:

- ----------------
Dear Mr. Bickham,

Thank you for your letter regarding the homebrewing episode of COPS.

Please realize that COPS is a video verite show, flimed without a script,
rehearsals, narration or whatever. What we see while accompanying the
police is what you see -- right or wrong.

In the episode you question, the officer does make the point that home
brewing is legal, and nowhere is there any mention of beer. The suspect
was, in fact, supposedly making tequila and whiskey.

We have however brought your complaint to the attention of the police, and
we truly regret any misinterpretation -- which was not our intent. COPS
has never professed to do anything other than reflect actual incidents
while following our nation's police departments in carrying out their duties.

Sincerely,

Malcolm Barbour
Executive Producer
- ------------------

It appears that COPS is aware of our feeling about this incident, and
judging from this, may even respond to similar letters the receive from
other homebrewers. I don't think they should be held blameless, since
there is obviously a large audience for this type of journalism, but they
shouldn't be held responsible for the ignorance the law enforcement officers
display on camera.
Scott

Note the date...