Wiring fan with LOVE Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackers252

Reaction score
I have searched but there are so many threads in regards to just wiring the LOVE controller. Has anyone ever spliced in a computer case fan (or something similar) when wiring up their LOVE controller? I would like the case fan(s) to turn on and off with the freezer compressor.

The answer is yes. You can splice the fan off the outputs of the LOVE controller - run them in parallel with the compressor.

I am assembling all the parts I need for my built-in keezer (thread forthcoming) and I have two fans: one internally that will be used to circulate air and the other one externally mounted to exhaust the heat generated at the coils - the freezer is going into a built in cabinet and the coils would otherwise be in a dead space.

I am going one step further and using a timer so that the fans will stay running for five minutes (or whatever I set) after the compressor kicks off.

The LOVE is just a thermally regulated relay switch so you can plug anything you want through it.

Back