I'm looking for a good book on types of Italian Wine...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a really good book for my father-in-law on types of italian or french wines. Nothing too techy, however he is really interested in learning the differences and subtleties of the styles.

Any info. would be much appreciated...

Anthony, I bought my neighbor a wine book for his B Day about 4yrs ago and not a week has gone by that we havent opened it too look things up or read about the type of wine we are drinking. It covers the entire globe and is unbelievable (in my opinion). Now here is the bad part, I have to wait until he gets home from work since I can't remember the title but I promise to post it here ASAP. I'm even going to buy myself a copy we use it so much. I do have a small book about Italian wines that I received as a gift called Top 10 wines Italy. It's from master sommelier Vincent Gasnier, it's a quick reference and an easy read at Borders for $13. It's a top 10 wine list book not just 10 wines, Ken

My Brother-in-law has a book about wines of the world separated into regions, countries and states in the US. It describes styles and wines from each region. I found it interesting reading.

The Wine Bible - I found it on Amazon for $13.60 so pretty inexpensive.

Craig

Anthony, sorry for the delay. The book is called The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil, best book around in my opinion. Opened it last night and looked up some differences between, Barolo, Barbaresca, and Brunello while we were splitting a bottle. I dont think you can go wrong with that book, Ken

Back