time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NickWhitelonis said:

Booyah! It's MKE brewing co's Booyah (Belgian farmhouse ale with "saison" yeast.) Really tasty American produced example without the pretentious Belgian cork. ;)

It's a crummy picture, but this is a picture of the secondary right after racking:

Here's your hint: I don't dry hop using bags.

It's a clone recipe of a beer that is listed in the BJCP guide as a commercial example of the style. Bonus points if you can guess what I was trying to clone in addition to the style.

He was stating the the beer in question falls under a standard BJCP category. The guess was Beet something or other, which did not fall under a standard category.

He was stating the the beer in question falls under a standard BJCP category. The guess was Beet something or other, which did not fall under a standard category.

Ah, I misinterpreted that post. I thought it was something that was slightly outside the style guidelines.

OK well apparently I need to come up with a photo of some beer, here...give me a bit.

...give me a bit.

Here you go! A fine PDC drill bit!

spear_300.jpg

Ok here we go. This beer is not in my profile, and is not the beer described on the trophy, either.
If I were to enter this in competition (and actually I think I did just recently) it would go into category 21A. The base style fits snugly within the guidelines.

image-1648488963.jpg

Back