It is finished...the draft tower that is

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgourd

Reaction score
Well, actually it's been finished for a few weeks. I've been wanting to start kegging and I made the start about two months ago. With picnic taps. In the meantime, a friend of mine donated some rare wood (African Padauk and Afromosia or African Teac). I decided to make a draft tower/box with the wood but wanted it to look good so as to use his wood in a good way. :D So I used the Padauk for the front, rear and sides, and the Teac for the top and bottom. I made box joints with my router (had to make a jig) for the main box and did some rabbet cuts for the top and bottom. I sanded and varnished about 7 times. I made my tower so that it would support 11 taps (eventually). Right now, I have 5 (all Perlick SS). I made two supporting towers out of PVC and painted them black. Since I bought that beer fridge in Shreveport, it came with hoses that distribute the cool air into the towers so I can keep my beer lines cool (enough). And without further ado:

draft-tower1.jpg
draft-tower2.jpg

draft-tower3.jpg
draft-tower4.jpg

Sorry for the small-ish pics. I lost the larger ones.

Back