Small Scale Bottling Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
I've read Revvy's thread a bunch of times regarding bottling, and I'm thinking I'd like to create a bottling bucket. However, because I'm currently only doing 1-gallon batches, I don't think think it'd be wise to go out and get a 5-gallon bucket from Home Depot/Bakery. What I do have though is a 2 gallon plastic fermenter that I got a few weeks back that I haven't used for anything yet.

Can a bottling bucket be created using this 2 gallon plastic fermenter, rather than a 5 gallon bucket? Check out a picture of the 2 gallon fermenter here:

http://www.store.homebrew4less.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LD5111&variation=

Suggestions/Opinions welcome. Thanks!

Absolutely. You can use whatever size you would like. I would sugest the 5 gal because it has room to grow into. It wont care if you only put 1 gal in. Put a plastic spigot in a fiver and you are good now and when you are making 5 gal batches.

Funny you mention this, I'm actually looking at snagging a couple of 3 gallon frosting buckets, and plan on making one of them a bottling bucket for my small batch brews.

Back