• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Condensate Hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neuropel

Reaction score
I'm looking for a stainless condensate hood, something along the lines of what's listed on the electric brewery site. Preferably ~5-6 ft x ~2 ft, height can be 1-2 ft for my space. Poking around to see if anyone has one they might be interested in selling, or know of one used somewhere, before I bite the bullet and either buy new or have one fabricated. I'm in the Philadelphia area, and willing to travel a reasonable distance, and/or willing to remove it from your facility if needed.

I was doing the exact same thing when I was fitting out my basement brewery. I got a quote on a new hood that was over $900 with shipping (!).

I ended up going with a 30 quart stainless steel bowl and cut a hole for my ductwork and hung it from my basement ceiling. Thanks to this site for the idea!

Ventilation system.jpg

Looks nice! What are they, 30" wide each? Definitely worth considering. What size are your Spike kettles? I have 3 spike kettles as well, 20 gallon HERMS setup.

Yes. They are 30 in and 300 cfm each. If you search range hoods and refine the search by brand ( Presenza ) you will find them. I bought mine before Christmas and they were $115 then but are online now at $169 but on sale now locally for $119. My kettles are the v2 15 gallon and they are awesome and Ben at spike is great to work with.

Still looking for one of these if someone might have one to sell. I'm about to pull the trigger on installing two standard hoods side-by-side (thanks Aeverman123), but thought I'd try one last time.

Back