Secondary max time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefyTim

SudsChef
Reaction score
I have a porter brewed up and it looks like it is going to have to sit in the secondary for like 3+ weeks.

Any problems with that?

Brewer's Best - Robust Porter ingredient kit

Nope, my Oatmeal Stout was in the secondary for 2 months... it can wait alot longer than you can I assure you!

homebrewer_99 said:
I lager 3 months or more in the same secondary.

Your brew will be safe. :D :D

That's good to know... a buddy of mine did his first brew almost 3 months ago now, and it's still sitting secondary because he hasn't had time to bottle it yet (busy getting a consulting business off the ground... but some how he finds time to come up and brew with me and drink my product... that BAST#@&! :cross:

I started telling him that he needs to bottle soon, but I guess he's be ok going even a couple more months?

ohiobrewtus said:
That's good to know Cheese... a buddy of mine did his first brew almost 3 months ago now, and it's still sitting secondary because he hasn't had time to bottle it yet (busy getting a consulting business off the ground... but some how he finds time to come up and brew with me and drink my product... that BAST#@&! :cross:

I started telling him that he needs to bottle soon, but I guess he's be ok going even a couple more months?
OH, NO!!! You did NOT call me CHEESE!!!!:mad: :mad: :D

ChefyTim said:
I have a porter brewed up and it looks like it is going to have to sit in the secondary for like 3+ weeks.

Any problems with that?

Brewer's Best - Robust Porter ingredient kit
The bigger the beer, the longer the secondary time.

Back