Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not a bad one.

Saturday
Up, to a dog show, to a new HBS that's a little to far to visit but was enroute to the dog show. A few purchases a chat and a look round. Then to the allotment to plant a few things and a BBQ. To the pub, back to a friends then home to a few HBs.

Sunday
Up, Help my Brother move a few things. Planted a bed of sweetcorn at the allotment. To the beach for a BBQ and a 10 mile walk with the dogs and friends with my god daughter in the dunes. Home, showered then walked 4 miles to the nearest pub with "real Ale", Pizza then a bus home and finishing the evening with a bottle of champagne.

All of this in perfect summer weather in beginning of spring when it is normally the best part of 50°F colder. (I have a tan)

Like I say, not a bad weekend.

Mine was not bad, also.

Went to a Sprinter (MB in Europe) van fest Sat. Bunch of van converted to recreation vehicles, some professionally , some DYI. Multiple dog walks, chopped wood.

Dog walks, kegged the Bent Rod Rye & did some cleaning in the brewery. Cut more wood, still need to split it (I HATE heating my house with wood, by the way). Cold and cloudy most of the time, but good weather for outdoor work. Looks like my Fuggles needs to be restrained, soon.

Friday:

Out of nowhere, a poker game emerged. This is awesome, considering that we used to have poker games all the time and then, one by one, four of our friends moved out of the state, leaving us with only three people to play poker with. So Friday night, we had a fourth which is just enough for a game.

Saturday:
Beaut of a day. We endded up doing some light spring cleaning, a little shopping and had some friends over for dinner. In spite of REALLY WANTING to stay up late, I ended up falling asleep at 10:30.

Today:
More cleaning, then friends over for lunch and the Cubs game. Cubs lost and some other less than desireable things happened, but then SWMBO decided to take HWMBO to her brothers place. That translates to me having the house to myself for a few hours. To the LHBS I go!

orfy said:
Not a bad one.

Saturday
Up, to a dog show, to a new HBS that's a little to far to visit but was enroute to the dog show. A few purchases a chat and a look round. Then to the allotment to plant a few things and a BBQ. To the pub, back to a friends then home to a few HBs.

Sunday
Up, Help my Brother move a few things. Planted a bed of sweetcorn at the allotment. To the beach for a BBQ and a 10 mile walk with the dogs and friends with my god daughter in the dunes. Home, showered then walked 4 miles to the nearest pub with "real Ale", Pizza then a bus home and finishing the evening with a bottle of champagne.

All of this in perfect summer weather in beginning of spring when it is normally the best part of 50°F colder. (I have a tan)

Like I say, not a bad weekend.
I don't even want to talk about my weekend after reading about yours. Sounds very nice.:mug:
I've just been doing chores around the house and not feeling all that great. This Damn diabetic medication is giving me fits.

I've been organizing my garage, but at least one day I'll be able to post one of those "check out my brew area!!" posts and everybody will oooh and ahhh. I did get in a soccer game today and got to drive around in the truck buying garage organization stuff, so it wasn't a complete write-off.

Saturday: Easter Egg Hunt (yes, a week late) at my dad's house for my kids and all the other grandkids, then we all went to a local Mexican restaurant. They had a mariachi band that sang happy birthday to my son (3 on Friday).

Sunday: birthday party for my son. Lots of new toys to play with. Also fixed my Jeep that was intermittently failing to start. Great weather. All this goodness was then balanced out by the discovery of the sewer backing up in the basement. (Quick! Move the brew equipment and the beer fridge!)

Pretty uneventful weekend.

Saturday clean house, burn a bunch of branches from a tree I cut down last month and racked my porter.

Sunday, did the Walk for the Cure and then went to a fireman's picnic and had some awesome sonoran taco's from a caterer that came up from Nogales MX. Beef, Pork and Chicken all cooked over mesquite. Yum. Sunburned.

Besides the Tornado on Fri, Had a good weekend. Got my wheat beer all bottled, also got 40 miles of biking in this weekend.

My Weekend was pretty good I can't complain. Bottled my batch of Pilsner that I made first thing in th e morning, cleaned up the kitchen, sat down and watched a couple of movies. And Since today is the last day of my weekend, gonna hit the brew store and pick up some supplies today, sanitizer, couple of beer kits today. and also picked up a third carboy last night. I cant complain about the price as it was given to me.

Orfy, sounds to me like you're unhinged (single)... No offense to the SWMBO but I do miss those days sometimes... oh crap! She's coming.. gotta go..

Busy weekend, ya heard. And soggy.

After work on Friday, I set that last fenceposts with quickrete for the rear portion of my new fence, and set the first two stringers, but that was all I could manage before it got dark.

Woke up to rain on Saturday, and it didn't stop until this morning. What a wet weekend...which sucked, because I had a big ol' Steakfest scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Drove out to the Home Depot (closest one is 30 mins away) and we picked up roughly $300 worth of assorted stuff for $0 (we had lots of gift cards that we get from our rewards credit cards, plus a couple of buy-one-get-one coupons for shrubs). Cleaned up my shop and brew area, and the newly finished basement. Cleaned the entire house from top to bottom with our new wetjet (which rocks).

Sunday, got ready for the bbq. Blended half of my Old Slug Wee Heavy with half of my Imperial Oatmeal Stout, and bottled that. The barbecue was awesome. We went from 3:30 till about 10. Probably had twenty or so people over; my friend owns a restaurant, and brought over these massive hunks of pure, grass-fed beef from Polyface Farms. There were t-bones the size of my arm, and one big huge uncut NY Strip that barely fit into one of those long rectangular Pyrex baking dishes. We grilled them rare with rosemary, and I gotta say, the t-bone was the single best piece of beef I've ever tasted. I just ate it over the sink with my hands, dripping juices all over, like a caveman. Damn, damn, damn, I can still taste it. We went through tons of homebrew, and I got MAD MAD props from pretty much everyone on my brews. That felt really great. I've come a long way from my cidery extract batches of yesteryear. Finished up with some homemade flourless chocolate cakes (damn fine stuff), and went to bed pretty much plowed. Sluggish this morning, but otherwise doin fine.

Fri:
Mowed the lawn. Draw 2 pints off and (finally) floated my Bass clone. Rotated in another keg.

Sat:
Got up early and did my last big run (Marathon is on 4/29). Went to the Depot with SWMBO and got some mulch, dirt and plants. Came back and fired up my first AG batch. Missed my strike temp something awful. Rectified that, ugh. Came up short on the volume because my hopstopper wasn't in tight enough (lost siphon). Hit a new pub downtown (Roosevelt). Had some Rogue (Hazelnut Brown, Brutal Bitter), Hop Rod Rye, etc and a fried Bologna sammich. Then went to the Rhythm Room for some Blues (Big Pete Pearson) and $1 PBRs and Schlitz.

Sun:
Put my hops in the ground. Very dehydrated. Finished mulching and then sweet couch time.

omniscientomar said:
Orfy, sounds to me like you're unhinged (single)... No offense to the SWMBO but I do miss those days sometimes... oh crap! She's coming.. gotta go..

Nope. I have a SWMBO but it's taken for granted that if we go out somewhere she wants to go then I get to visit a HBS enroute or do some produce shopping at farm shops etc.

olllllo said:
2300 calories burned (nice work).

I think I consumed more than that in the beer I drank.:mug:

Hey RichBrewer.. you are diabetic? My dad has juvenile and has been too scared to drink a beer his entire life. Is a big deal to have 1.. maybe 2 after dinner or something?

desertBrew said:
...fireman's picnic and had some awesome sonoran taco's from a caterer that came up from Nogales MX. Beef, Pork and Chicken all cooked over mesquite. Yum. Sunburned.

A bit of the old montezuma's revenge. Hit SWMBO and another we know as well. Not good :(. Skip the shredded cabbage next time...

Last weekend:
Friday: went to the bar, then wound up with a lesbian in my hot tub *wink wink*
Saturday: drank my own beer, and watched hockey, go red wings
Sunday: brewed my ESB, then went to the bar, and wound up in my hot tub with a couple friends.

I call it a success.

Back