Non-started fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyeman

Reaction score
Hi
Ok, ok, I know, I stuffed up but I need to know how to fix it.

I think my initial fermentation temp was too low and the yeast has either gone dormant or simply given up the ghost completely. I've brought the temp back up to 65 and it's been sitting at that overnight but still nothing.
I used Wyeast Labs #1056 (American Ale) which was looking good and active prior to pitching. I've got a packet of their London Ale in the fridge waiting for my next batch, can I just pitch that or should I get another packet of the American Ale (LHBS is closed today) or is there another methid I can use to get my fementation off to a start?

Cheers

Did it start at all? What temp was it kept at before your brought it up to 65? What was your OG?

I'd give it more time. raise the temp a few more degrees and swirl the fermenter to suspend the yeast.

What maida7 said. That yeast probably has a temp range of 65-75 so 50-55 is way too low. If it doesnt pick up at 65, raise it to 70 and swirl the fermenter.

Same problem here, pitched dry yeast, a day later aerated and pitched again, 24 hours after second and a temp of 70 to 78 and nothing is happening now three days in.

Latest posts

Back