How do I covert a cheap bayou propane stove, to NG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

I'm thinking I need to drill out the existing flame exit (increase the hole size)

Also, I'll need to cut off the end on the tube that connects to the propane and substitute that with some sort of 2 way fitting.

But really, I don't know what the hell I'm talkin about.

Any help would be appreciated.

It's not where the flame exits but where the gas is injected into the air inlet tube. It's called an orifice and getting the hole size right will be a matter of trial and error. If your drill bit set only has a couple sizes between 1/16th and 1/2", you probably don't have the right one.

Yeah, what Bobby said. I did this to our kitchen stovetop. Something else to consider is that any additional gas your provide by opening up the orfice has to have a proportional amount of additional air supplied with it.

Edit:
You want a nice clean burning blue flame, not yellow.

Edit2:
NG = Natural Gas
Thought you were just going for more heat.
I gotta learn to read better before I post :eek:

Check with Williams brewing. I think I saw something in their catalog about a conversion kit or valve/orfice. Good Luck.

Back