Post and Popit Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirhc1210

Reaction score
I recently purchased a keezer I found on craigslist and it came with 4 kegs. All the kegs are marked as Super Challenger and are Ball-Locks. Two are Pepsi, two are Seven-Up.

I did some searching around and found: http://hbd.org/carboy/ballkegclean.htm

The Pepsi posts look like the ones shown as Type B - Cornelius. (I believe the ones shown there are for gas... the beer post looks similar but just without the notch.)

The Seven-Up posts look like the ones shown as Type A- Super Challenger. (Again just the gas post is shown and the beer post looks alot different... like a circle of nubs.)

When I removed the posts for cleaning I found that all the posts (with the exception of the 7-Up beer posts that i haven't been able to get off yet.) had the same type of pop-it - the Type B-Cornelius.

Could this be correct? From the website it seems that the pop-its wouldn't work. I have seen Universal pop-its advertised on some brewing websites but these don't look like them. Are there any Universal Popits that look like those Type-B Popits?

I guess the only way to test it is to install everything and see if it leaks... unfortunatly the keezer i bought came without a few pieces so I still need to order those before i can test. Anyway, while I wait for some parts, if anyone could give me some input it'd be much appreciated.

7/8 12point wrench is what you need for post removal. Posts are interchangeable so can't go by whats on tank. If you don't have co2 yet oxy or star san with water not full about 2 gallons shake the hell out of it will build up some pressure, need to clean anyway.......my.02

Thanks for the reply beaksnbeer... I'll have to try the oxyclean shake to test pressure and get the 7/8" 12point deep socket.

I didn't know the posts were interchangeable but I was concerned that the two different types of posts both had the same pop-it in them. I was under the impression that they should have different ones.

But i'm off to go shake up some oxyclean =)

Latest posts

Back