What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oi, I'm not enjoying this morning. About to just start pounding beers to make it through the day.

Heating strike water and on my last Coff before the beers start flowing.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394293300.393742.jpg
Nothing yet. 18 more minutes until they open.

Coffee now. I think today may be the big day, Fins. Wife is out of town again ( Daisy Troop trip with the littlest one) and I'm thinking I'll uncork the Boulevard RIS once I'm done playing with power tools to build the boy's pinewood derby car.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.
Yeah, I think we'll be working on my son's car today for the Derby. Just need to sand, paint, and assemble.

Cappuccino from Timmy ho's that swmbo picked up while I was sleeping in. :)

Water + GingerBerry Kombucha + raw milk kefir later + water, my gut flora wins.

allen is killing it. Drink plenty of water. It's hot out there! :D

That's year round now? How'd I miss that? That stuff is great

I think it is.. my bottle shop just started getting six packs of it. Im pretty sure I only saw it in bombers when it was released last year.. I sure hope its year round now :D

Sent from a happy little tree

Coffee now. I think today may be the big day, Fins. Wife is out of town again ( Daisy Troop trip with the littlest one) and I'm thinking I'll uncork the Boulevard RIS once I'm done playing with power tools to build the boy's pinewood derby car.

Today is the perfect day for it, being fake patties day :D. Enjoy man!

HB fruit salad blonde while brewing up another batch of it.
Came in earlier from a smoke and smelled beer and thought that can't be good. Had a leak from my liquid out post and had to clean up 3 pints off the floor. :mad:

1394305128825.jpg

HB fruit salad blonde while brewing up another batch of it.
Came in earlier from a smoke and smelled beer and thought that can't be good. Had a leak from my liquid out post and had to clean up 3 pints off the floor. :mad:

At least you caught it early.

Still water with the darn cold. Thinking kombucha next, if I can muster the strength to go out.

Fins, Boulevard lives up to my very high expectations. Best RIS I have ever had. The Cigar City Marshall Zhukov from allenh compares, but this is a little smoother.

At least you caught it early.

Still water with the darn cold. Thinking kombucha next, if I can muster the strength to go out.

Yeah, it was a slow leak, but sad to lose beer nonetheless haha

Got done with the power tool portion of this project (other than boring holes to add weight) and then got a little over zealous with the pour. Just the same...GOTDAM!!

Car looks good so far!

Yeah, it was a slow leak, but sad to lose beer nonetheless haha

Car looks good so far!

Thanks. I was nervous because I've done anything like this before. I ended up putting all power saws away and carving the whole thing with my Dremel and a sanding bit. I basically whittled it.

A little better on pour number two. About to go help the boy apply the first coat of paint to this thing.

EDIT: I started by drawing a template on the block but it looks very little like that template. The front end is like an old Camaro but, for whatever reason, when I did the rounding on the back, I was suddenly inpired by early '60s Corvettes.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394308207.442591.jpg

Fins, Boulevard lives up to my very high expectations. Best RIS I have ever had. The Cigar City Marshall Zhukov from allenh compares, but this is a little smoother.

Glad you like it! The only time i had it was on tap when it first came out and i thought the same. I should had grabbed one to age.

Glad you like it! The only time i had it was on tap when it first came out and i thought the same. I should had grabbed one to age.

Needs no age. Smooth as hell right now and it's only a few months old. Glad I didn't cellar this for a year, as I was tempted to do.

Latest posts

Back