What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DisturbdChemist said:
Yes soured on purpose. Not initally but they ran with it. Dont hate till you try some. Pure awesomeness!

I'd definitely give it a try. I had Newburgh's C.A.F.E. sour a couple of weeks ago almost a coffee amber that was soured. Was really incredible actually. If any of you guys with an open mind see it around ,give it a shot. Excellent brew.

DisturbdChemist said:
Yes soured on purpose. Not initally but they ran with it. Dont hate till you try some. Pure awesomeness!

So they screwed it up once and then soured on purpose after that? Domestic 'scotch ales' are pretty much all gross to me.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Nah do Slipknot!! :D
F#@k it all f# k this world f#ck everything that you stand for!! Dont give a f#ck Dont ever judge me!!!

You just riding it out at this point? I can't believe you're still up.

image-1640760295.jpg

Again. This bar is 2-4-1, but you can't change beers. That's sucks when they have ~100

I need to make it back to Petrol soon.

You need too. I was in ther area so I had to. Having the rancor burger and a wookie. Great combo

So they screwed it up once and then soured on purpose after that? Domestic 'scotch ales' are pretty much all gross to me.

Well its was the start of their barrel age series and I think this was a mistake that they ran with and won. I do this to my brews if they do not turn out well. I saved a cider that turned sour and turned out excellent.

I'd definitely give it a try. I had Newburgh's C.A.F.E. sour a couple of weeks ago almost a coffee amber that was soured. Was really incredible actually. If any of you guys with an open mind see it around ,give it a shot. Excellent brew.

I dont think I seen their beers around. Not sure they are here. Real Ale is only in Texas. They make excellent beers. My new favorite

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Yup lol. Was it the Paul Grey thing? I usually dont bring that up. But Im jamming his **** and Im drunk. we were good friend's I miss him

Nope, just amazed your still awake.

DisturbdChemist said:
How is it? Picked up a bottle today too.

Hoppy, I can taste the honey in it a bit. The bitterness lingers a little longer than I would like but still quite good.

Been missing this thread, but been the week from hell. Just had gravity samples of Welch's Wine, Skeeter Pee, Mead, Maple Wine, and Apfelwein. Sampling them all one after the other was probably a miskate. Hah. I'll backsweeten and bottle the Apfelwein later tonight, and rack the rest.

On the water prepping my liver for my buddies bottle share tonight. I know there will be a few beers from Founders as well as Stone Vertical Epic from 08 on. I will be bringing these, my first time with each. It's gonna be a good day

ForumRunner_20130921_113854.jpg

Holy fooking crapola is this good. It called Dyvil Hopyard DIPA from Willimantic Brewing Co. It's a farmhouse DIPA fermented with saison yeast. Why didn't I think of this before? It is such an awesome combination. The hops are a little muted by the farmhouse funk, but that's okay because that and the hops play so well together. I must brew something like this.

ForumRunner_20130921_144908.jpg

Holy fooking crapola is this good. It called Dyvil Hopyard DIPA from Willimantic Brewing Co. It's a farmhouse DIPA fermented with saison yeast. Why didn't I think of this before? It is such an awesome combination. The hops are a little muted by the farmhouse funk, but that's okay because that and the hops play so well together. I must brew something like this.

I've got just the yeast you want to use to make that.

nukebrewer said:

Hard to pull off, it's usually a train wreck. I'm sure channel's yeast is a good start.

TNGabe said:
Careful with that thing. Doesn't look like it has the autopilot feature like your cruiser.

Ok, ok! I switched it out for an autopilot version...plus, I had to grab some beers

image-1580801713.jpg

NIZZLE said:
Harley to rocket :confused:

Borrowed bike, my buddy has a few. Chose to ride the Buell before I started drinking. Aped/air ride Road Glide for the ride home (don't worry, I only had 4 beers in 3.5 hours)

Having this now.

Attachments

• image-2793811888.jpg
    image-2793811888.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3862114450.jpg
    image-3862114450.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 78
Awesome! What is it and how do I get my hands on it?

It's AH12 it's a lightly spicy lightly funky sacc strain.

Medium flocc
73-83% attenuation
High alcohol tolerance, top cropper, great for higher gravity beer, finishes dry, produces good yeast characteristics for most all of the classic Belgian abbey styles more fruity esters at the higher end of the temperature spectrum.

As far as how you get it. We can rap.

Back